Nissan Terrano 2.7td

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just purchased a newish long wheel base 7 seater Terrano to tow my twin axle, three children,dog, me and the wife and everything that goes with it. Is there any Terrano owners out there who can give me some feedback, "positive hopefully".

Cheers

Richard

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard. There doesnt seem to be any Terrano owners out there. In the 'enter your mpg' section, everyone is putting in there mpg while towing but there are no Terranos. I have ordered a 10 year old Jap import, a Mistral 2.7TD with auto box and air con, which is due in the third week off January and I have posted a question about mpg and towing, but no replies as yet. Looks like I will find out for myself. A friend at work was so imprest with his 1995 Terrano manual, that he bought a 2000 model last year. He tows an Abbey GTS Vogue 416 and he says he cant feel it behind him. Merry Christmas to you.

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello richard,we have had a long wheel terrano for 2 1/2 years now and can say you have bought a cracking towcar ours pulls a 1300kg caravan no problem at all sit on the motorway at 60 and need not touch the gear stick again,it will go down to about 40 in fith going up a hill.down side its a bit agricultural . i reckon we get about 23 towing ,you will be impressed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard, we have had our terrano for six years and pull a swift conqueror with ease! even through the French Alps. It has carried 4 children and a dog and we are now down to two kids and three dogs!! only problem we have had was the mass airflow meter went seems to be a problem when they are over four years old, know this cause cousin bought one of the same year and the same thing happened! although they are a heafty

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a 2.7TD for 9yrs & 98000-odd miles, probably more than half towing. We often had the third row of seats out so we could junk it up to the eyebrows and it towed our 'vans like a dream. After 30+ years of Landrovers, it was a pleasure to drive. Confirm Marian's comment, watch Nissan's replacement prices.

Enjoy, Peter T

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts