Nissan Terrano bike rack and mirrors

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone here use a Terrano. If so how do you carry bikes while towing? Also do you use additional towing mirrors or are the standard ones sufficient?

Thanks Paul.

P.s. not interested in starting a pro or anti 4x4 discussion, just looking for advise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

With respect to the towing mirrors, you must be able to see down both sides of the trailer to the rear with the outfit in straight line. If you can only see the leading edge of the trailer, then your mirrors are not adequate.

Previous postings on bike racks came to the general conclusion that roof rack mounted carriers was the best solution for most vehicles.

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

With respect to the towing mirrors, you must be able to see down both sides of the trailer to the rear with the outfit in straight line. If you can only see the leading edge of the trailer, then your mirrors are not adequate.

Previous postings on bike racks came to the general conclusion that roof rack mounted carriers was the best solution for most vehicles.
Thanks John L.

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Paul, I tow with a terrano and use extension mirrors and put our 3 bikes on the roof. We used to put them on the rear tow bracket but it was a bit close to the jockey wheel. Hope this helps,Andy.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi used to own a terrano tried roof & tow ball racks ,i found the tow ball rack a pain in the butt ,i tried loading with the caravan hitched ,and its murder trying to hitch with bikes on the rack , so i lifted the bikes to shoulder height and used the caravan steps to place on the roof rack , much better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts