No 12 volts on Bailey Pegasus Brindisi

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
Can anybody help please. My 2017 Bailey Pegasus Brindisi has developed a strange fault.The leisure battery appears to be fully charged however non of the 12 volt system operates ( lights and 12v Aux sockets also control panel and heating panel do not illuminate) unless connected to a mains hook up. The 12v Van Battery fuse in the main fuse panel is ok. I’m running out of ideas, is there another fuse hidden somewhere outside the fuse box/ consumer unit??

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi Brucer. There might be another main fuse. It’s in-line and just behind the battery box. But that’s a generalisation.

John

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi Brucer. There might be another main fuse. It’s in-line and just behind the battery box. But that’s a generalisation.

John
Hi John , many thanks for your reply. There is an inline 20A fuse hidden under the bed in the main wiring loom in the area of the motor mover key contol wiring (LHS of the rear underbed locker looking from outside the van) I replaced the fuse and all now back to normal. Worth noting there is no reference to this fuse in the Pegasus Owners Manual !

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi John , many thanks for your reply. There is an inline 20A fuse hidden under the bed in the main wiring loom in the area of the motor mover key contol wiring (LHS of the rear underbed locker looking from outside the van) I replaced the fuse and all now back to normal. Worth noting there is no reference to this fuse in the Pegasus Owners Manual !
Well done on sorting it out however that is a 20amp fuse and I would be very concerned why it blew?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Well done on sorting it out however that is a 20amp fuse and I would be very concerned why it blew?

I agree, but the chances are a faulty fuse or a temporary short. If it does not blow again I wouldn’t worry as I don think fuses further down the line had blown. But not a bad idea to put it under load and see if it gets warm or hot.

John

Sep 16, 2021
Visit site
Think I’ve discovered the cause of the fuse blowing , I believe that the manual motor mover was engaged whilst the mains hook up was still connected

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Think I’ve discovered the cause of the fuse blowing , I believe that the manual motor mover was engaged whilst the mains hook up was still connected
I am sure that they should be two separate systems and should not interfere with one another? Isn't the motor mover 12v feed direct from the battery with its own cables and not via the charger? :unsure:

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Not surprised, caravan manuals and wiring diagrams are rubbish

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Can anybody help please. My 2017 Bailey Pegasus Brindisi has developed a strange fault.The leisure battery appears to be fully charged however non of the 12 volt system operates ( lights and 12v Aux sockets also control panel and heating panel do not illuminate) unless connected to a mains hook up. The 12v Van Battery fuse in the main fuse panel is ok. I’m running out of ideas, is there another fuse hidden somewhere outside the fuse box/ consumer unit??
any chance of a picture of where the fuse is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts