No power on 12v

Jul 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a puzzling problem with my 2009 Fiat Rapido 7096+
Control panel won’t boot up on 12v, only on 240v. I have had the leisure batteries tested, all ok. I’ve checked all the inline fuses and the fuse in garage in rear, all ok. I’m puzzled to why it won’t boot up from 12v but instantly boots up when plugged into 240v. The second I unplug 240v it shuts down! Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi based on your description, it does seem there is fault with the 12V battery supply to the control panel. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the model you have, but as basic fault finding I would start by turning off the 230Vac supply and with a multimeter tracing and checking the 12V wiring between the battery and the panel. Obviously if the power is not reaching the panel, then you will know the fault is in the wiring (and might be an inline fuse which you would likely find during the tracing), and If the battery voltage is reaching the panel terminals that confirms the wiring and the fault must be inside the panel.

Some electronic panel have their own fuses.

As a general note fuses are designed to disconnect the supply if an overcurrent fault occurs in an appliance or system. Therefore I always look for other potential issues and run tests to check for other anything that might have caused the fuse to blow . Very very occasionally it has just been the fuse has been operating near its rated value and like a an old style light bulb has worn out.

More often there is some other fault condition, and a common one with caravans has been an accidental mix up or momentary wrong connection with the battery connections when a battery has been changed.

Jul 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi based on your description, it does seem there is fault with the 12V battery supply to the control panel. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the model you have, but as basic fault finding I would start by turning off the 230Vac supply and with a multimeter tracing and checking the 12V wiring between the battery and the panel. Obviously if the power is not reaching the panel, then you will know the fault is in the wiring (and might be an inline fuse which you would likely find during the tracing), and If the battery voltage is reaching the panel terminals that confirms the wiring and the fault must be inside the panel.

Some electronic panel have their own fuses.

As a general note fuses are designed to disconnect the supply if an overcurrent fault occurs in an appliance or system. Therefore I always look for other potential issues and run tests to check for other anything that might have caused the fuse to blow . Very very occasionally it has just been the fuse has been operating near its rated value and like a an old style light bulb has worn out.

More often there is some other fault condition, and a common one with caravans has been an accidental mix up or momentary wrong connection with the battery connections when a battery has been changed.
Thank you for your detailed reply. I’ll have a look and see if I can find anything more. Maybe nothing to do with it as the w battery isn’t linked to the 12v system but I have a faulty cab battery that’s not charging. Replacing it this weekend so will see if has any affect though I doubt it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts