No slagging just my boring holiday

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi everybody

I suppose nobody will bevery interested in this as I'm not talking about banning 4x4, BMWs or slagging any body off, but we have just returned from a wonderful 3 weeks in Dorset.Highlands End at Bridport to be precise.We never expect the same standards from a park at this time of year,regardless what the brochure says,due to the volume of traffic passing through a park and the squeeze them in which a lot of parks seem to adopt.But what a revalation this place was a dream it does everything it says on the packet.The pitches were spacious - car,caravan,awning plus more space.It was always full but never felt it.Clean and tidy and well cared for,most people respected that the majority might want some sleep at night but there are always a few who go overboard and spoil it. Great toilets and showers, I never had to Q once. THere was a bar,restaurant which was never loud or bawdy plenty for the kids to do with an excellent swimming pool.The view from our window was to die for to Portland Bill in one direction and Lyme Regis in the other with lots of rolling country side everywhere else, hundreds of rabbits within a few feet of you day and night, brilliant, well recommended.

Sorry to have got in the way of the bickering.Ok dummies and rattles at the ready...... begin.

PS Isn't this what the forum is meant to be for,help advive and pasing on the best bits.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peter

Sounds like you had a great time. Well another place to put "on the list" of places to visit. Sigh! so many places so little time off work!!!

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peter glad you had a great time mate, contrary to what you say about people not being interested in your post. I think anyone who reccomends a site is doing us all a favour, one for when you don't have the kids with you is The Old Oaks in Glastonbury it's a Adults only site but is top notch if you just want some peace and quiet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter, this is what the forum is all about and is one of the purposes of the UK sites catergory. Glad you enjoyed Dorset, I consider myself very lucky to live in a beautiful county that has got lots to offer at any time of the year.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Peter, always good to hear about good sites, makes more cheerful reading than hearing about the dross, and also makes you go and look them up and mark them as possibles for the future. Glad you had a good birthday, where you still celebrating at 01.25 hrs when you wrote the post, or was the hangover keeping you awake??

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts