no water again

Aug 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi

hope some one can help as i am taking my van out this weekend on my first trip this year

every year out of storage(van now 11 years old) i always encounter a water problen no matter how much care i take at end of season

last year no water coming out of the hot system , some one kindly helped me out on this forum it was the none-return valve easy to fix

this year no water at all ,pump seems to be working i can hear it and some water can be seen in filter housing,but does not seem to go anywher-

last year replaced all micro switches and as i turn each tap i hear a noise from each so they seem fine

last year i also replaced filter housing box as it developed a crack so that is quite new

i have not put filter in yet just the spare cap as i was trying to flush system out first, should still work unfilted i think.

electric connections work as i hear the pump whirl

is it the hot none-return valve again so soon? why no cold water as well , i notice a none return valve on back of cold water filter box from inside van when pulled with nails it lets water out but put connecion back on and nothing

hope someone can help as my weekend away looms

thaks in advance

mike

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
It could be a simple air lock, I usually get over these by turning the tap on and then using my hand to cover/uncover the tap outlet which varies the pressure and usually dislodges the airlock

or

If you can get your mouth over the outlet with the tap on give it a swift suck and that always seems to work.

Repeat both of these on all your taps until supply regular.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Michael

It does sound like an air lock, but as no or very little water is entering the filter, I am inclined to think it might be a air lock in the pump its self.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Some friends of mine had a similar problem. Their pump was an inboard sureflow type and it was running but delivering no water. We had a good blow into the inlet pipe, which dislodged a lot of cobwebs,earwigs and other nameless crud. It was fine after that. (we blew while the pump was running)

Aug 7, 2005
Visit site
A Big thank you for all your quick replys

i have fixed the problem now it works fine, went out to try your suggestions, and with garys comment in mind (battery connection)i checked the battery life by putting on a light and yes as it has been in storage it was nearly flat not enough power to run pump, i had connected the mains lead from van to my garage, but electric in garage had tripped (light had blown)and like a plonker i never spotted this

anyone else have this promblem check your battery and connect to mains first before setting up the water system.

after all i have only been caravaning for 11 years so an easy mistake for a novice lol

once again a big thank you to gary and the rest of you on this excellent forum

regards

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A Big thank you for all your quick replys

i have fixed the problem now it works fine, went out to try your suggestions, and with garys comment in mind (battery connection)i checked the battery life by putting on a light and yes as it has been in storage it was nearly flat not enough power to run pump, i had connected the mains lead from van to my garage, but electric in garage had tripped (light had blown)and like a plonker i never spotted this

anyone else have this promblem check your battery and connect to mains first before setting up the water system.

after all i have only been caravaning for 11 years so an easy mistake for a novice lol

once again a big thank you to gary and the rest of you on this excellent forum

regards

Mike
I'm not sure I can take any credit simply for mentioning the word battery... but all credit to you for lateral thinking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts