Noise Water Pump

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi we have an Abbey GTS 2007 we are having trouble with the water pump when running the water either Hot or Cold is very noisy it bangs all the time the pump is on. Has anyone else had this problem please, I cannot take it back to my dealers at the moment as I am living in it until October due to the floods we have just had in Yorkshire. Denise (Yorkshire)

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The newer inboadrd water pumps (which you may have) are ALL noisy.

Mine sound like a machine gun !

You will probably NOT be bothering your campsite neighbours, as often you cannot hear anything outside the van. The noise is usually due to the pump being mounted on the floor of the van ans vibrating.

Short of remounting them on rubber there is not much you can do.

Sorry, you will probably find it is not faulty and will have to get used to it like me and other.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks BJ I might try and get my husband to see if we can get some sponge to go underneath or around the pump. I will see what me dealer has to say when I take the van for warrenty work to be done later in the year.

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
had same problem on new abbey 218, contacted Swift and was advised to reduce the pressure in the accumalator to 16psi, which although improved the problem it did not cure it . I have now reduced the presure to 12psi, and now have a quiet water pump.

bob

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I have a Abbey Vogue 2007 which I think has the same inboard water pump as yours. It is noisy and I checked the installation against the "Installaion Instructions" that came with the caravan. I found that the pump and the accumalator have not been secured properly to the caravan floor as instructed in the fitting instructions. If it isnot secured properly it will vibrate. My van is booked in for service in October and the pump heads the warranty list.JTS

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Denise. We Have Just Bought A Motorhome . We Have A On Board Water Tank,I Was Amazed How Loud The Pump Was. I Had My Husband Out Side At 1 Am In The Morning Poor Sod. He Said You Could Hardley Hear It Out Side.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Try fitting a filter in between the pressure switch and the inlet. It worked wonders on ours and no more noise but then again it was a 2004 caravan with a crystal pump.

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
We have an Aquasmart pump. fitting was free at this promotion by Whale themselves. The first day was Brilliant but then came day two, "Hell what's that noise" yelled my wife as i brushed my teeth."The New PUMP i think !"

The fitter returned each morning as the thing would not go back to its virtually quiet state, at home i put some rubber under it and secured the 12mm hose. i would not put flammable materials around the motor as it warms up when the shower is running.

The BENEFIT of having brilliant water flow is definately worth the slight noise problem, i would not go back to my old pump an 811 and would definately fit an Aquasmart to my next caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts