Noisy caravans

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
We have a Willerby Winchester caravan Mark 1. There is no deafening at all between the two bedrooms, and my husband snores really loudly. Willerby are so poor at customer relations... they told me to try the internet for advice!!! Has anyone solved this problem? We have looked at carpet tiles for the wall, insulation panels for beneath laminate flooring for the wall. We really need advice as we cannot afford to waste money.

Hope someone can help. The manufacturer is a waste of time!!!

Shona

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Only surefire cure Shona sadly is divorce ;O)

I have read something somewhere recently of a cure for snoring but I'll be b*ggered if I think what it was. If it comes to me I will post it. I'm sure that's the line of attack rather than pasting stuff on the walls.

Have you thought about seeking advice from your doctor?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Shona - I presume you have a Willerby static caravan? In which case the walls between rooms are little more than plywood covered with a plastic-type wallpaper. There are websites which give advice about sound insulation in the home, but really to be effective sound insulation, you would need to create a thick 'sandwich' of materials which deaden the sound. This would significantly decrease the size of your rooms, which in most mobile homes are small anyway. One possible solution would be to try to obtain the sort of 'matting' that car manufacturers use under car bonnets to deaden sound. I'm not sure where you'd get it, or how you'd fix it - it looks like hairy underlay, with a foil covering. You could possibly then tack fabric over the top of this to make it look better and hang a heavy curtain over the door, too - as these are flimsy.

Daft question, but have you thought of earplugs?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts