Noisy fusebox

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi i have no water in my taps. I have a new outdoor pump for aqua roll new flojet pump new battery and got my control panel and fusebox refurbished still no water and now my fusebox clicking like mad help

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not nearly enough information.
What van, what age, what power distribution system? using hook up or just battery?

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi damian its a 2009 swift charisma. A truma water system.using hook up. The fusebox is just clicking . the tap symbol on control panel flashing. At my wits end now as have replaced everything but still no water. When i refitted my fusebox and control panel and turned pump on the water came out for about 30 seconds then no more. No sign of any water now anywere

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi , Thanks for the reply.
First of all I am guessing that your van has the Nordelettronica power system which is very well known for being problematic.

You say you fitted a new control panel and refurbished fuse box, who supplied the control panel and who refurbished the fuse box?

I suggest your first call on Monday should be to Paul at Apuljack Engineering and talk to him, he is very good and has extensive knowledge of the Nord items and I have used his services extensively.

Reactions: kelsboy
Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi , Thanks for the reply.
First of all I am guessing that your van has the Nordelettronica power system which is very well known for being problematic.

You say you fitted a new control panel and refurbished fuse box, who supplied the control panel and who refurbished the fuse box?

I suggest your first call on Monday should be to Paul at Apuljack Engineering and talk to him, he is very good and has extensive knowledge of the Nord items and I have used his services extensively.

Yes i sent my panel and fusebox to apuljack before lockdown got them back about 3 days later but only came back to van on sat and fitted them both water came out was so happy then it stopped . was thinking i might have wired my new flojet pump wrong way but then water did come out for a bit so maybe i have wired it the right way?

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes i sent my panel and fusebox to apuljack before lockdown got them back about 3 days later but only came back to van on sat and fitted them both water came out was so happy then it stopped . was thinking i might have wired my new flojet pump wrong way but then water did come out for a bit so maybe i have wired it the right way?
Have you any other ideas what it could be damian?

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
It’s usually a white cylinder about 25mm diameter with a rotary control on the top. If they aren’t adjusted correctly they just click on and off like mad. Usually you can see the pump pulsing in time with it. If you’re sure the noise is coming from the fuse box then it could be a relay clicking in and out. A poor connection either earth or power will do this.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It’s usually a white cylinder about 25mm diameter with a rotary control on the top. If they aren’t adjusted correctly they just click on and off like mad. Usually you can see the pump pulsing in time with it. If you’re sure the noise is coming from the fuse box then it could be a relay clicking in and out. A poor connection either earth or power will do this.
Hi tuningdrew the noise is definitely coming from fusebox. Am thinking maybe i have put the wires wrong on the pump, only two wires one to red and one to black. Do you think i should change them round? I think i have put fusebox back right as the little boxes have all slotted in properly

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi tuningdrew the noise is definitely coming from fusebox. Am thinking maybe i have put the wires wrong on the pump, only two wires one to red and one to black. Do you think i should change them round? I think i have put fusebox back right as the little boxes have all slotted in properly
When i changed pump think the wires were crimped but i have just put them back in a kind connector box maybe not connected enough?

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Not nearly enough information.
What van, what age, what power distribution system? using hook up or just battery?
Hi Damian got the water working now i rang apuljacks up and they said its prob the wiring think i had them right way round but not connected properly in connector box. Thank you for your help

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi parksy mine is a truma not whale. Cant find anything like this
Hi parksy my water is on now it was the wiring i hadnt done it properly. The original fault was the control panel but i changed everything before i got to the control panel. At least everything is new now lol. Thanks for your help

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi parksy my water is on now it was the wiring i hadnt done it properly. The original fault was the control panel but i changed everything before i got to the control panel. At least everything is new now lol. Thanks for your help
You're welcome, I'm glad that it's sorted now 😊

Reactions: kelsboy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts