noisy site

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Here we are on a site just outside Mablethorpe. The week started real quiet with only a few on the site, nice . Then it started a digger , dumper and tractor appeared, 3 men then started to dig out the small bushes that had died off with the digger. One day was not too bad , although by the end of the day we had had enough. Day two and it started again. The weather was good and we decided to sit out around the van and relax, NO WAY. At lunch time the donut an the dumper went for lunch for an hour and left it running. By now we had had enough and went out. Day 3 and they are back ,so we went out. When we came in at 3pm they were at the side of our van ,digger , dumper both thumping away . I had had enough , i pay good money to go on sites and dont expect to have work going on that could be done later in the year. I did surgest to the dumper driver that if he wanted to avoid surgery to remove the dumper he and his mates might like to sod off. They left 30 mins later . Its obvios the owners dont seem to care if they upset their clients. Last time i will stay on this site.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
I would have asked for a refund on the grounds that you had had a ruined holiday, sod the no refunds rule at most campsites. So sorry you had a bad experience, very inconsiderate site owners and you're right they could have done the work at a much quieter time of the season.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I do empathise with you, and I would be looking for a full refund too.

If I had been the owner/warden, I would of advised you at the start of your stay and would of ensured that you were sited away from the work area as a matter of health & safety.

If work still had to go ahead why not offer free tickets to an event to coax the visitor to visit.

Unless the site is open all year they could of delayed the work until closed season.

Planning and consideration for others doesn't prevail these days I'm afraid. We have to endure a skip which is predominatley used by 85 static van residents being plonked in the touring field carpark and put up with the stink of rotting rubbish for two weeks before it is emptied by an 8 wheel skip tipping dust cart at 7am every other wednesday. The skip would be better placed on the static field and we could use a small tote bin on wheels as there are only 3 of us fulltiming. But hey! that takes brains and a degree in planning!

Know what i mean?

Atb Steve L.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
More reason for using club sites IMO - you wouldn't get any of that!!
smiley-frown.gif

I think you should ask (demand) a full refund, if not a voucher to return at a later date, when the construction work has been completed!!
smiley-frown.gif

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
While on the subject of noisey sites,,The noisiest site we ever stayed at was in Spain {Seville}Situated at the end of a runway,We were told there were no flights after 11pm.However nobody told the Spanish Air force .They spent the whole night practicing landing and taking off..A four engined Herculice transport 200ft above your van is not a place to be...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When you agree to stay at a a caravan site, a contract is established, even if you do not sign for anything. Just with the purchase of goods, the sale of goods and supply of services act empowers you.

If the site is substantially different from what was advertised, or that you were unable to to take full advantage of the features of thesite, then the site is in breach of contract. Providing your claims is accurate and therfore justified, then as with any other retail purchase you are entitled to a refund.

Under the condtions your describe, a 'No refunds' policy would be deemed to be an unfair contrat term, and most likely disregarded if you sued for a refund.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is it a site which is open all year round or does it close for the winter?

Would you care to name the site, or give a vague location? as I am familiar with the area.

Thanks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
LMH said:
Is it a site which is open all year round or does it close for the winter?

Would you care to name the site, or give a vague location? as I am familiar with the area.

Thanks.

As a forum member of five years standing I would have thought that you'd have known better than to ask Graham the o.p. to name the site Lisa.
Have a look at this

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham

Have you thought, that if the site closes for the winter, then maybe it shuts up completely and this is an opportune time to do groundworks? That's why I asked if its open all year or not.

We stopped on a site down last year and they had to do some groundworks on the last two days of opening as they then went abroad for several months.

Regards
Lisa

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I check all posts no matter who submitted them as well as other parts of the website Lisa. It's what mods do.
smiley-wink.gif

May 15, 2007
Visit site
The site is open March till Nov so there was no excuse for doing it this time of the year. The site is in the CCC book and ststes there is a shop on site, no there is not , it is used as a play room as far as i can see. The owner didnt seem to be interested in what was going on. I think the last time she smiled the midwife put it down to wind !!!. Over the weekend several families came together and pitched up in a square, a transit pulling a van, a motor home and a large tent . Several commercial vehicles were on site from pick ups with ladders on to sign writen vans . Dont think i shall bother again.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I would definately write a formal letter of complaint to the site in question, and as you won't be returning, a full refund of all monies paid!
smiley-frown.gif

I would send a copy of the letter to the C&CC, with a covering letter of complaint to them also!!
smiley-frown.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Graham Derby said:
Over the weekend several families came together and pitched up in a square, a transit pulling a van, a motor home and a large tent . Several commercial vehicles were on site from pick ups with ladders on to sign writen vans .

I would have had the last laugh because when they were on this site I would have gone and squatted on theirs ... heh! heh! heh!
smiley-cool.gif

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Unacceptable noise occurs on most sites(barking dogs,machinery,generators,wild parties,totally obnoxious loud mouths etc.).You may have legal redress as some are saying,but actually having rights and getting your money back are two very different things.If the warden/owners will not volunteer a refund,then where do you take the problem?Does anyone really want to take on the stress and cost of a legal battle when they get home just for a few quid. If you use Caravan Club sites,as we do,then the refund would not be questioned.We always say if we don't like a site for any reason then get a refund and move on.Who wants the problems of noise etc. when you are there just to relax and enjoy break.
Funny thing is if you report a problem to the warden of a Caravan Club site they will willingly give a refund rather than sort out the problem which makes you ask for one.They have rules,of course,but the easy route is to give your money back rather than act and enforce those rules.

Like everything else in life,caravanning has it's problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts