Noisy Water Pump

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi we have a new Abbey GTS 2007 and we are having trouble with a noisy water pump when you run the water either hot or cold. Has anyone else had this problem? My dealer tells me he will try and sort it out when I take my van back for warranty work.

Denise (Yorkshire)

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Denise,

We too have a new Abbey Vogue 495 and have just come back from the first real break in it over 4 days. The pump is now inboard, so the noise of the submersible pump has been brought into the van. However, when putting the filter into the aquaroll, make sure you do not have the connection fitted to the inlet. This will avoid air getting into the system which can make really loud noise.

I have got used to it already, it may be you are trapping air in the system.

Hope this may help.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that Roger I have found that the taps splash everywere when the air is trapped when you run the taps. I will see what me dealer says when I take in for the warranty work later in the year.

We have a 2007 Sterling Europa with the same noisy water pump. It is now about to be returned to the dealer for the fourth time! We are really fed up with it now!The dealer has fitted new taps and new piping, we have tried to eliminate all air locks, but nothing has solved the problem yet!

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
Rodger Dodger said:
Hi Denise,

We too have a new Abbey Vogue 495 and have just come back from the first real break in it over 4 days. The pump is now inboard, so the noise of the submersible pump has been brought into the van. However, when putting the filter into the aquaroll, make sure you do not have the connection fitted to the inlet. This will avoid air getting into the system which can make really loud noise.

I have got used to it already, it may be you are trapping air in the system.

Hope this may help.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We had an inboard pump on our Argente, well three actualy, andf they were all noisy. An independant engineer who was doing other work for us did say that there was nothing you could do about it. His clients had tried putting carpet under it anfd other things but nothing had worked.
On the positive side though no one can steal it, as we have had the outboard type stolen, and the pump usually only runs in short bursts, so to us it was something you just had to live with.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I find once every now and then the pump with start up on its on for literally seconds then stop, someone said that it normal as its purging the system, one other thing i found one night was the pump was making a faint noise i checked the taps but they were all closed then i realised the Aquaroll was empty :S

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Inboard pumps are not noisy by design, they are noisy due to air being drawn in with the water and or poor installation? My own for the record originally sounded like a machine gun on steroids!!

Main problem is air inside the pump chamber, this first lowers the efficiency of the pump and the noise that makes is amplified by the air space rather than damped if the chamber was fully filled with water.

Simple check if air is present in the water exiting the pump, then this should be visible as you can see the water moving through the pipe, it's not water moving you see but micro bubbles of air trapped in the water, if no air then you can't see clear water moving

Air can get in via a poor connection outside of the aquaroll pipe, but, also the semi rigid pipe connections are designed to prevent water leaking out, NOT air being sucked in?!
Also ach 90deg elbow joint adds the equivalent of 2ft to the total length of pipe, the overall resistance this causes again makes the pump work harder sucking in the water, inturn increasing the air being drawn into the pump via the joints. All this fairly hard pipe can also vibrate and if it's touching walls etc, then makes even more noise!
So very simple answer to all that is replace with a single length of soft hose.

In my case I then rested my Whale pump which itself is mounted on a fairly large board to accommodate valves etc on a piece of breathable ground sheet. it is then fully insulated from the floor which would otherwise act as a sound board further increasing any noise the pump does produce.

Result is near silence and totally inaudible over the low volume of the TV , having done much the same to his and on hearing mine, Metz on here reckons his Truma pump is even quieter!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts