Non return valve location?

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Dear experienced caravaners

I believe I need a NRV as water drains back into our aqua roll via the submersible pump. I have a microswitch system, kitchen tap leaks if it's on. This is not an added extra, and will be replaced.
I've read two contrasting reports. One states to fit it before the first junction, the other states to fit it as close to the heater as poss.
Would someone please clarify for me?

Lastly, I've seen the blue JG one for £45 and also a white JG for £15. Both 12mm push fit.
Blue one says it's a caravan one. Is it that special??

Many thanks all
D

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The NRV is usually a white tube maybe 2-3in long with an arrow for flow direction embossed in the casing. As you have a microswitch system it will be somewhere between the inlet and the first split for hot and cold feeds, or there could be two after the split, one in each pipe.
On some older model I believe there was a valve in the inlet fitting but as we have no info on your caravan that cannot be confirmed.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DeeRama, my crystal balls clouded over, give us a clue you forgot to mention type of caravan and the year, easy omission :) .

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
:blush:
Apologies. It's a lunar Chateau 500 born 2001. I've had the pipes replaced with semi rigid.
Pipe comes in from aquaroll, into a T splitter under the seat. The T split goes down into hot water tank and the other T continuation straight goes through to cold water sink and bathroom cold tap.

It's an exact copy of the route the old 2001 pipework, which as far as I know didn't have a one way valve. But as noticed. I'm no expert

Thank you!

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
If as you say the water is leaking back to aquarol surely if you are going to fit a NRV its best fitted as near to where the water enters the caravan as possible .Our van is 2010 Sterling and thats where I have found My NRV .Just a thought has your van got an onboard water tank .
Sir Roger

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Yes that makes sense. However a lot of pictures online show it fitted just before the drain valve, which confuses me as although it would stop the heater tank draining, it would not the cold from the taps.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
DeeRama I suggested the NRV where it enters the van as its likely to be the easiest one to get at. I had a similar problem with our van but ours turned out to be the onboard water tank which I fitted NRV each side of the pump but that turned out to be a pump problem but did help the job. Im sure if you fit the NRV where I suggested it will help if not cure .
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts