Norfolk Coast

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
hi, try Searls at Hunstanton, nice clean site, with entertainment and indoor swimming pool, close to beach, ie walking distance just across a very quiet road. You can walk along the sea front to the main town which is about a quarter of a mile or if you dont want to walk there is a land train which runs from the site.

We normally go to this one as its the nearest resort to where we live so its convienient for a weekend away.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Searles is as quiet as you want it to be. If you dont want a load of noise the stay away from the entertainment area.

The site is fairly quiet on the whole. Well we found it so last august, we had a great weekend.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Searles is as quiet as you want it to be. If you dont want a load of noise the stay away from the entertainment area.

The site is fairly quiet on the whole. Well we found it so last august, we had a great weekend.
Searles is not only noisy - it is also very cramped. We drove through during the first week in June and I would not stay there. Try Ivy Farm at Overstrand. It is a static site with a seperate area for touers and about 3 minutes walk from the sea and the village. Woodhill Park in East Runton is bigger but no entertainment etc, just a small shop, and is right on the cliff top.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Searles is not only noisy - it is also very cramped. We drove through during the first week in June and I would not stay there. Try Ivy Farm at Overstrand. It is a static site with a seperate area for touers and about 3 minutes walk from the sea and the village. Woodhill Park in East Runton is bigger but no entertainment etc, just a small shop, and is right on the cliff top.
Each to there own "ones mans food is another mans poison"

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

try southwold site v near by

May 14, 2009
Visit site

I thought Southwold was in Suffolk?

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Suffolk is on the east coast, Pamela. Richard didn't specify any particular county! :O)

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Richard, if you are in the CC, there is the Seacroft site at Cromer, not everybody's cup of tea, but it has a small club house, and swimming pool and is within walking distance of Cromer, and not far from the beach.

Alternatively, there is Incleboro Fields CC site at West Runton, it's within walking diatnce of the beach and village. It would certainly be the quieter of the two sites.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Ooops, yes he did specify Norfolk!

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Richard, you will find it difficult to get a pitch at Cromer unless you are lucky with a cancellation but Incleborough Fields would be more likely as its much bigger.

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Searls at Hunstanton, Im just back from there, I would imagine if you are pitched near the main complex it would be noisy however we were allocated a pitch at the far end of the site, it was very quiet not what we imagined as we noprmally go for quiet sites we only booked for two nights originaly as we coudnt get into a CC site and stayed for an extra night, two minute walk from the beach, dog was swimming every day, toilets were imaculate, cleaned every two hours and staff very pleasant and helpful, some of the pitches were "tight" but the majority of visitors seemed to be like ourselves looking for a quiet site and were in fact regular visitors to the area, maybe we were just lucky.

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

we have just come back from woodhill park at east runton in norfolk.

It is situated near cromer and is a very nice quiet site with easy beach access. The site is very well run no club or pool though but pubs nearby the toilet and shower blocks are very clean. The staff are also some of the most friendly and helpful staff on any site we have stayed on if your after a quiet relaxing break then this is a good site. Cromer is about 2 to 3 miles walk away with a big morrisons there.

cost me

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Searls at Hunstanton, Im just back from there, I would imagine if you are pitched near the main complex it would be noisy however we were allocated a pitch at the far end of the site, it was very quiet not what we imagined as we noprmally go for quiet sites we only booked for two nights originaly as we coudnt get into a CC site and stayed for an extra night, two minute walk from the beach, dog was swimming every day, toilets were imaculate, cleaned every two hours and staff very pleasant and helpful, some of the pitches were "tight" but the majority of visitors seemed to be like ourselves looking for a quiet site and were in fact regular visitors to the area, maybe we were just lucky.
I've been to Searles quite a few times.

Most of the pitches are generous.

It's very clean and well maintained - but quiet isn't the first adjective that springs to mind I must say......

It's also quite expensive too.

That said, I'd go back.

I prefer the C&CC site at Sandringham (10 mins up the road).

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts