Norfolk - coastal reccomendations

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
Can I request anyones reccomendations or views on sites on the Norfolk coast, near Great Yarmouth would be nice, I am looking for somewhere for a week in august, resonable cost, resonable facilities (very important is clean facilities) somewhere for my self partner and a 2 year old, close to a beach would be nice, not bothered about the really big commercial sites as I am guessing they will be extremely busy, expensive, and the facilities will suffer as a result of this, Any suggestions ??

Regards

Mark

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mark,

I know it`s not in Great Yarmouth, but the CC site at Sheringham is excellent.Near the beach (walking distance), decent family pub not far from the site (on foot), and Sherongham is a nice town with steam railway.

Not been for a couple of years but have always enjoyed it, there used to be a shire horse centre just across the road from the entrance with demos, pets etc.

Worth a look and not too commercial.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know you're not looking for a big commercial site Mark, but could recommend Searles as a place to stay. It has all you need and more on site, the washrooms are usually in good order and it is close to the beech (3 min walk).

http://www.searles.co.uk/

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would also recommend Searles at Hunstanton as a clean family orientated site but if you wish to use this site it often gets booked up quickly.

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for these suggestions, but was really hoping to be a little closer to Yarmouth, any other reccomendations folks.

Regards

Mark

DJP

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Mark,

Have you looked at White House Beach CC site at Kessingland. It is right on the beach at kessingland, not too far from Yarmouth and has usual CC standards. We stayed there a few days earlier this year & enjoyed it.

DJP

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
If you are members of the CC there is the Great Yarmouth site which is close the the golf course and beach. I personally have never stayed there prefering the North Norfolk Coastal towns which are alot less busy in August.

The commercial sites will be mega busy at that time of year, Vauxhall I would avoid like the plague.

I would definately choose White House Beach at Kessingland over Yarmouth any day!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts