Norfolk Lines Ferry Offer - from £58.00 car and caravan, return (TEF04)

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Brian, you've perhaps still got time - it was still available this afternoon - I checked our current booking, and it's still coming up at the same rate!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, for free amendments you need to have booked before the 17th October - we did fortunately, because this year we had to amend both our crossings!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Val A, you appear to be the fount of all knowledge re ferry fares, so perhaps you can help.
I've just tried to book our ferry for next May, return in July, and have been quoted £90 return.When we add in the dogs, this going to be around £150. Do you know of anything better, or shall I leave it till nearer the date?
Thanks.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hello Emmerson - and welcome back!
Camping Cheques are running an offer of £115 (which includes three Camping Cheques worth £43.00 and a VIP upgrade for 2 people, each way, worth £40) - but it's limited to any sailing outward on a Sunday (any date during 2011) and return on a Friday (any date during 2011). Dogs would be £60 as normal, on top of this. However, if you do use Camping Cheques then it would save you a little over the £90 quoted if you consider just the ferry element, and if you were likely to want to upgrade to the VIP lounge (which includes priority loading and unloading, and a beverage, pastry and free newspaper, plus a guaranteed seat) then it's definitely worth it. If you're going 'long-term' then sailing days may suit - but for a two week holiday they are somewhat limiting!
If you're a member of the Caravan Club you could try with them. They were running a similar offer to Norfolk Lines - but it may also have expired.
If none of these 'work' for you then you might be best waiting until the NEC Show in February when Norfolk Lines might have another offer. The only thing is that available places may well be fewer and farther between waiting until then! Sorry you missed the £58.00 offer - we were able to take advantage of it!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Val. It's a bit catch22 isn't it? Do I wait till Feb, then find no advantage, or book now and find it's cheaper in February? Decisions, decisions-----
Thanks.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just a personal thing, but I like to get my ferry booked a.s.a.p! That way the holiday seems 'definite' and we can stop thinking about when we're going, and start thinking about where!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Both when and where are already decided! We want to be in southern Sweden around the 11th/12th June, but want to drive up through Germany and Denmark, hence Dunkirk ferry.Herself cannot travel for much more than 150 miles in a day, so two weeks to get there, one week at the European Classic Caravan rally, then two or three weeks home.We can't leave UK before 24th May as we have a Royale rally then.
Being retired is hard work at times: we've only had 23 weeks in the van this year!

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought i would do an update to using these codes. just phoned to amend our booking, we needed to change our return time by about four hours and also wanted to go first class on our way out.
now the website tells you there is a £5 charge for ammendig things by phone, and also looking at the rates for crossing we were expecting it to cost us another £50 at least. The price?was £19.20 the asking rate to go priority, no charge for phoning or indeed any difference in price for changing from midday to 16.00, even though the rates have gone up since we booked in mid October.
We were also informed as a rule there is no charge for travelling one crossing earlier or later than the one we booked.
Note, we are not taking a caravan, so that might change things, but using the code above, seems to have come in handy....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts