Norfolkline/Dunkerque and dogs

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Have used vets near Calais before, but this time we are returning via Norfolkline with dog in April, does anyone know of good reasonable priced vet east of Dunkerque? We will be coming from the Netherlands, so somewhere near Bruges/Gent or even further east would be good.

Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete, I'm going to Belgium via Dunkerque, and have booked in at Camping La Chaumiere in St. Omer. I know that this is totally opposite to what you want, but it has the huge advantage in that the site owner's wife works for the local vet, and can handle all the relevant paperwork. This might well be worth the few extra kilometres. Google camping la chaumiere, st.omer.

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for suggestion, we have previously used a very nice vet at Ardres, where there is also a nice little campsite. We have used the "waiting day" after dogs treatment to do a bit of shopping/lunch in Wimereux or Boulogne. This time however I wanted to use the "waiting day" for either travelling or visiting somewhere different. I think I have found 2 vets in Bruge as well as a site which takes the ACSI card there, so we may well stay there 2 nights as we are on 10am ferry from Dunkerque and it is only about an hours drive. Now I just have to phone vets for an appointment!

Pete

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts