Normandy sites commutable to EuroDisney

Apr 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm planning my wifes 40th and wanna take our 'van over to France, sailing into Cherbourg and I'm looking for nice sites in the Normandy area that are cummutable to EuroDisney (we have two kids 8 and 3), either driving or train to Disney.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
If you particularly want to be based in Normandy you may be better aiming for a site perhaps between Caen / Dieppe with easy access to the main routes to Paris. I would not really recommend Chateau Martragny for the whole holiday with children of that age as the pool is not that exciting. Camping Hautes Coutures in between Caen / Ouistreham is noted as recently having an upgraded pool complex - havn't been myself but will be staying there for a few nights Easter. Le Cormoran and Haliotis are our favourites in Normandy but I think they are not going to be convenient for travelling to Paris.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
By train it will be quite a long day, travelling from Normandy to Disney. You're probably looking at a couple of hours into Paris, a change of train to cross Paris and on to Disney. With the same amount of time to get back you'll have very little time in the park itself. Driving from anywhere near the coast will take hours - Cherbourg is a five and a half hour drive from Disney - and even from Evreux (probably the nearest inland 'Normandy' town you're looking at two hours, not allowing for peaktime traffic or holdups of any sort. Evreux is not exactly in an area you'd choose to holiday, either!

Why not find a site nearer to Disney so you can have a whole day (or two) there - and then perhaps move sites once you've 'done' Disney? Or the other way round of course - Normandy first, then move to a site near to Disney.

There are lots of nice sites in coastal Normandy, but none are really within commutable distance of Disney - not if you want to spend any time at all actually in the park.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts