north devon next week

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
coming to nth devon next week whats the weather been like so far, should we bring wellies and water wings, or shorts and vet tops!!!!

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
west down, ilfracome, site called hidden valley, friends came back from cornwall after 5 days as it was just too wet, we were wondering what the conditions were like there too, wet and slippery friends said

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
im in Devon, the local forecast today said that it was going to be unsettled this week (surprise surprise!). They've said Thursday this week is going to be the best day, strong winds coming in by the end of the week.

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
west down, ilfracome, site called hidden valley, friends came back from cornwall after 5 days as it was just too wet, we were wondering what the conditions were like there too, wet and slippery friends said
Jayne,

We looked at this site whilst there.

It was wet at the bottom end of the site(to the left as you enter the site. It looks pretty good even better if the sun was out. It will be shaded from the high winds as we were on the top of the hill.

You must visit the Rock Pub in Georgham, best food around there.

Is it your first visit there, i can mention other places to visit if thats what you want

Chris

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
any ideas will be very welcome thankyou, don't want to miss good bits by looking at boring bits as we only have a week

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
im in Devon, the local forecast today said that it was going to be unsettled this week (surprise surprise!). They've said Thursday this week is going to be the best day, strong winds coming in by the end of the week.
the wind has been our problem this year, went to york in june, while putting up the awning it blow right over the top of the 'van, bent ppoles and bend aerial, not put us off but would like better weather this time!!!

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
any ideas will be very welcome thankyou, don't want to miss good bits by looking at boring bits as we only have a week
Jayne,

as i said you must visit The Rock Inn Pub in Georgeham.

The only Tapas Restaurant In Ilfracombe, can't recall its name, which is just up from the main road that runs along the front near to the crazy golf and bowling green ( I hope you dont get the woman that reminded me of the old dear from Dame Edna Everage Show years ago a little miserable to serve you but the food was very good!.

Tunnels Beaches is a nice place to visit, park your car on the roads at the back of the entrance and the parking is free. The cafe with the deck chair hire does the best coffee.

Theres a cafe/restauarant in Ilfracombe also near to the Crazy golf called the Harbour Deli, with good food and drinks.

Theres always Damien Hursts place on the quay side that does nice food, miserable staff and looking at dead fish in a glass display isnt my cup of tea but its art!

In Woolacombe Bay Hotel, the main Hotel with gardens to the front has a bistro which does the best coffee/espresso/cappuccino in town. My kids loved the waffle stall in the town next to the crazy golf.

Croyde - Head for Baggy Point and park at the NT carpark then walk round the headland to Baggy Point. You will pass my favourite designer house on the right side. If i had the money!

Theres a nice cafe in the centre of Croyde next door but one to the only ice cream parlour in the country to sell their ice cream.

Braunton - Nice little village to visit Squires Fish and Chip Shop on the main road or lool for the sur shop called 'Surfed Out', and theres a nice cafe/ reatuarant doing food and drinks, best cappuccino i could find.

What other things do you want? beaches? other places to visit. We seem to spend a lot of the time chilling drinking coffee, especially when its cold and wet!

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts