Northern Spain

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
After the non summer we have had, I would like to go somewhere where sunshine and warmth is more likely next year, either in late June or September. I was thinking Northern Spain within an hour or so of Santander, so that it is hop off the ferry and you are there.
First off, from your experience what is the weather generally like in Northern Spain in September or June? According to Google temperatures are in the low 20s which surprised me. If this is the case then we won’t bother.
Second, can anyone recommend a site in the area; would prefer FSP s if possible but not a deal breaker. A bar and restaurant nearby or on site would also be nice but don’t need a full entertainment programme. Have been searching on the internet but now getting bewildered so personal recommendations would be really helpful.
Third, if not northern Spain, then any suggestions
TIA
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
After the non summer we have had, I would like to go somewhere where sunshine and warmth is more likely next year, either in late June or September. I was thinking Northern Spain within an hour or so of Santander, so that it is hop off the ferry and you are there.
First off, from your experience what is the weather generally like in Northern Spain in September or June? According to Google temperatures are in the low 20s which surprised me. If this is the case then we won’t bother.
Second, can anyone recommend a site in the area; would prefer FSP s if possible but not a deal breaker. A bar and restaurant nearby or on site would also be nice but don’t need a full entertainment programme. Have been searching on the internet but now getting bewildered so personal recommendations would be really helpful.
Third, if not northern Spain, then any suggestions
TIA
Mel
We have used the Tropicana in Alcossbre, but you need to stay over at Zaragoza on the way down. Another nice area is Roses as loads of campsites in that area. If you join ACSI you can save a small fortune on campsite fees.

Reactions: Mel
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Northern Spain has some beautiful coastal areas plus picturesque inland mountains. We toured from Santander to Santiago and really enjoyed it. We went in June and had reasonable weather but several very wet or overcast days. July and August are the dryer months. It’s not called Costa Verde for nothing 😂

Reactions: Mel
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......if your priority is good weather in June or September, then I wouldn't use the expensive 24hr ferry to northern Spain.
I would take a shorter crossing to France and book a site in Charente-Maritime.
Lovely interesting area full of interest with warm climate in September.
I was there in September 2022 with temperatures of 30 degC!

Reactions: Mel and Hutch

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
.......if your priority is good weather in June or September, then I wouldn't use the expensive 24hr ferry to northern Spain.
I would take a shorter crossing to France and book a site in Charente-Maritime.
Lovely interesting area full of interest with warm climate in September.
I was there in September 2022 with temperatures of 30 degC!
Thank you. 30 deg. That sounds more like it! Can you ( or anyone else) recommend a site.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts