Northumbria

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Help,looking for a good site with something to keep everybody happy,i.e the family.I prefer local history and castles,wife and son prefer swimming pools and other leisurely pursuits.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WAREN PARK NR BAMBURGH,ORD HOUSE COUNTRY PARK BERWICK ARE TWO GOOD SITES,BUT BOOKING IS A MUST.if you like the more active parks,haggerston castle is as good as anything around that area,all are good bases for site seeing.

I live within 20 miles of Northumberland and its Lovely National Park. If you want a good holiday I suggest that you stay away from Haggison Castle Holiday Park it is an absolute rip off.

Try Warren Park just outside Bamburgh from there you can drive along to the lovely coastal village of Seahouse,s or head north to Berwick, or go across the causeway to Holy Island. Newcastle and the Metro Centre are within 45 Mins drive.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
South Meadows Caravan Park is a good site. Although privately owned it is very well kept and the owners live on site. The facilities are very clean and well cared for.

The site is just outside the small village of Belford (just off the A1). There is a golf course within easy walking distance that allows visitors in the club house which serves good grub. Berwick is 15 miles north and Alnwick is 15 miles south. Hence it is an ideal location for travelling around.

They have a good web site. Go to Google and type in South Meadows Caravan Park and take a look.

We have stayed on this site many times. We even had a seasonal pitch for 18 months, before deciding that touring was more for us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts