Nose weighing

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
When i started caravanning my method was simple, if the back end of the car dropped too much then the nose was too heavy.
It works for most people today.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ray,
mine was similar but based on the clutches abilty to move the van off a rising drive!! If it couldn't then weight was taken out and put back in when the car and van were on the level. I still shudder when I think of my naive ignorance then, with 40mph being top wack on a long level straight road.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
RAY said:
When i started caravanning my method was simple, if the back end of the car dropped too much then the nose was too heavy.
It works for most people today.
What's too much? (I recall that some here in this forum get all upset if the caravan isn't absolutely level when towing.)
And how do you reconcile the above method if the car has self-levelling suspension?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Colin,

You like my name? its so good you named me thrice (well that's my attempt at humour
smiley-wink.gif
)

I did recognise the humorous intent of your post, but lest we forget this forum is read by some gullible people who may have taken your suggestion at face value.

Now for another attempt at humour - when I was young my first toy was a an old paper on boxwood slide rule - Perhaps Id better forget the stand up comedian routine....
smiley-frown.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi John, (just the once) I am glad humour on the forum isn' completely dead as most treads get all serious,
while writing the post I did think of a couple of anicdotes to do with mini cars and skirts but refained owing to the mixed company
one which I am sure would be allowed refering to our child hood :- was when I was a kid my father would allways bring something for us when he came home. sweets, and such like this continued for years must have cost him a fortune over the years untill I was about 13 when he brought me home a piece of coal whats this I said he replied "it is a piece of ancient history dating back before the dynosaurs were alive it has been conpressed from vegetable matter for millions of years and just laid there untill I brought it home for you son" ooo thanks dad. aye he said take a right good look at it because it's the stuff that keep a roof over our heads and put food on the table, when you leave school you'll be digging it out of the ground like me for the next 40 years. (if only he had known the future as well as he knew the past).
colin

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I will hear nothing derogatory said about slide rules. I still have my old Ricoh boxwood slide rule, everything else from my early learning years has been binned but not the slide rule. Where else could I have written a few carefully chosen formulae to help in exams! (joke)

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
otherclive said:
I will hear nothing derogatory said about slide rules. I still have my old Ricoh boxwood slide rule, everything else from my early learning years has been binned but not the slide rule. Where else could I have written a few carefully chosen formulae to help in exams! (joke)

I've still got my slide rule, i could use it like billy whizz, nearly as fast as my mate with is shiny new casio calculator.
But that was over 40 years ago!
Still got all my old college books as well.
smiley-surprised.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts