Noseweight when parked on slope

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nice end to a thread for a change?, commonsense entering the 'equation'

Well done Lutz my old Dad would be proud of you?

As he as always said/says "a sack of cement, (1cwt,56kg..not the HSE 25kg one), on the tow hitch is good enough!!

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
I've done some calculations on this that suggest a 10 degree tilt would increase nose weight by about 35%.

I'm not saying my calculations are perfect. If anyone can do better that would be great.

Moderator Note: Attachments from unknown sources are not allowed and are deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I've done some calculations on this that suggest a 10 degree tilt would increase nose weight by about 35%.

I'm not saying my calculations are perfect. If anyone can do better that would be great.

The thread is 14 years old and seemed to have come to a conclusion with previous posts.
I’ve not opened the attachment but why would you measure with a 10 degree tilt? Surely rather than calculate wouldn’t it be better to level the van to the “hitched height” then measure by adjusting the height of the gauge or scales accordingly? Or are you concerned about noseweight when driving.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
You're right- you'd avoid measuring on a tilt. Me and a mate were discussing this in a pub and couldn't agree if tilt made a big difference. I couldn't find any solid evidence on the internet. I just did this calculation to try and prove it one way or another. I've concluded the tilt does affect the noseweight, so I'll just be aware of that in future.

Reactions: otherclive

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This thread is 16 years old.
Please read, understand and abide by the rules of this forum.
The resurrection of very old threads is against the rules of the forum.
This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts