noseweight

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi folks, i have got a bailey vendee 2004, the one with a bed at the back with plenty of storage underneath. when travelling without the awning, groundsheet, poles, pegs, chairs and tables under the bed the van is very nose heavy. my question is how do i get the noseweight down. in the front locker i only carry two gas bottles and an empty bucket. does anybody have this problem and if so how do they get over it? geoffrey.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Geoff, basically you are paying the price of poor caravan engineering. As caravans have got heavier so have the nosewights. It is interesting to note that no manufacturer seems to give the ex works nose weights in their specifications.

In my opinion they should be made to give them, and in the case of providing mountings for gas bottles and a spare wheel in the front locker they should provide the estimated nose weight with these fitted plus the battery. I can see the day where ex works nose weights will be 100kg plus.

Good luck with your efforts to reduce it but there appears no chance unless you load weight behind the axle.

G

I have got a Pageant Vendee as well I also have 2 6kg gas bottle in the front the way I balance my van to bring the noise weight to between 60kg~75kg I usually store chair, table and awning pegs under the bed awning &poles and 2 bycles on the axles never had any problem yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts