Nostalgia

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I must have gone to the wrong College or hard a poor paper round
A Bond Mk G Estate and Austin A 35 van was my lot.
The Triumph TR4A compensated.

Attachments

• IMG_6241.jpeg
    IMG_6241.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: toad a caravan
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
I had the mark E bond it didn't say it was a sports cabriolet but it did have a Villiers 9E with SIBA dynostart 4 forward speed 4 reverse speed and a rag top and a 180 degree turning circle😁😁😁 prior bond had no doors and a pull cord start,,

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
.....my dream machine in the mid to late 60's was a Ford 5000 for off road work!!
On the road a Sunbeam Imp Sports.
We had a Singer Chamois and to this day I don’t know how we managed to get myself, my wife, two kids in car seats plus a JR and the cat in it when we did our monthly trips from Plymouth to Leicester to see the parents. Leave Plymouth at around 0300 on a Saturday and leave Leicester after Sunday lunch. Nowadays a trip to Salisbury Plain seems an epic 😂

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We had a Singer Chamois and to this day I don’t know how we managed to get myself, my wife, two kids in car seats plus a JR and the cat in it when we did our monthly trips from Plymouth to Leicester to see the parents. Leave Plymouth at around 0300 on a Saturday and leave Leicester after Sunday lunch. Nowadays a trip to Salisbury Plain seems an epic 😂
Hillmap Imps, and its derivatives, were surprisingly roomy for their era - a size class up on the Mini although that was the perceived competition.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hillmap Imps, and its derivatives, were surprisingly roomy for their era - a size class up on the Mini although that was the perceived competition.
Great little car once I realised that to make progress the engine required more revs than my previous Hawk. It positively thrived on revs.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nostalgia is seeing a cop walk the beat and cuff and errant youngster around the earhole with no repercussions!
My brother once presented at Leicester Royal Infirmary with bad bruising and abdominal pains. Fortunately he checked out okay. But the doctor said he should report it to the police. “ They know all about it” he said. 🙈

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts