Not happy

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Should be on our way to Norfolk for a month but on Saturday the belt that controls the power steering and brakes came off. Green Flag got me home on a low loader.
On the face of it should be a simple thing like fitting a new belt but the belt is behind the cambelt so now needs another low loader to take the car to a local garage.
Now no idea when we will get away but just lucky that I was only doing 5mph at the time and I stopped using the hand brake.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
Should be on our way to Norfolk for a month but on Saturday the belt that controls the power steering and brakes came off. Green Flag got me home on a low loader.
On the face of it should be a simple thing like fitting a new belt but the belt is behind the cambelt so now needs another low loader to take the car to a local garage.
Now no idea when we will get away but just lucky that I was only doing 5mph at the time and I stopped using the hand brake.

Sorry to hear of the problem with the car. As you say you were lucky as a detached belt could easily have affected the cam belt with serious consequences. Fingers crossed fir a good outcome and not too much delay to the holiday.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel. We should have left for Devon yesterday for three weeks but our curse was medical.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
FrintonMike said:

What vehicle type was that?

Bad luck on your trip plans, but glad you are all OK.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Anseo, it is a Hyundai Terracan 55 plate. Normally only used to tow the caravan as it is too big to park locally.

Thingy hope everything goes ok for you and you are away soon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts