Not sure if my van has Damp??

May 15, 2005
Visit site
I purchased a 5 berth, 1990 Elddis Cyclone late last year, We checked the van for signs of damp etc, all seemed OK! however we have put our van onto a seasonal pitch and have been using it the last few weekends however have noticed as we lift the seat cusions to make up the rear double bed the under side of the cusions and back rests seem damp, at first I thought it was just me and that it was probably just very cold but now I do think it is damp. Again I've gone around the van looking for damp patches to walls, ceiling, floor etc and can't find any evidence of damp. Another theory I have is could this be caused from pure condensation or the van sweating, as the van is sitting locked up on sight, all blinds and windows closed from one week to the next without ventilation then we come along on a weekend to use the van, turning on heating, general body heat from a family of 4 and breathing etc. Any comments appreciated and also would this be easy to repair if it is Damp. Many Thanks. Andrew.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
It sounds like condensation to me, when you leave the Van tip all seating on it's end so that the air can cirulate around it, as soon as the warmer comes it will be ok.are all the air holes in the floor (under lockers) clear?

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew, I've no idea if it is damp but I have another suggestion to cope with condensation. We buy a condensation trap from our local supermarket to put in the van over the winter, it costs about a fiver. Pulling the cushions away from the wall is also a really good suggestion.

Never had any problems with condensation, but after our first winter using the condensation trap we learned to put the trap in the sink - it collected so much water over the winter, it overflowed and leaked crystals everywhere!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts