Nothing to do with caravans

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,ive always found this the best site to ask about absolutely anything so i,m looking for advice about a washing machine because my wife will kill me if i dont get this sorted soon.We have 5 kids and every machine we have had recently gives up after approx 1 year.We are looking at buying an expensive Miele machine but would really appreciate any advice you can give us.Thanks.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I can recommend Miele appliances. We have a washing m/c, tumble dryer, dishwasher and vacuum. They last for ever! They are expensive but they do work.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear, I really should ask you to put this under chit chat as it is not really a caravanning matter - as you have acknowledged - that's what we Mods are supposed to look out for.

However, this seems unlikely to run and run, so hope you get the advice you need.

For what it's worth we have always had Indesit, but have nothing like the demands you have - we have got around 8 years from each one we have had.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi michael

I shared your frustration on domestic appliencies why do they break 1 day after the gaurantee runs out.

however after replacing 6 washers and 3 driers in 7 years we went out and bought a AEG washer drier 9 years ago, ok so it was the same price as most of the others put together but still works like new and is used every day.

you can't beat quality but it does cost money.

colin

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Oh dear, I really should ask you to put this under chit chat as it is not really a caravanning matter - as you have acknowledged - that's what we Mods are supposed to look out for.

However, this seems unlikely to run and run, so hope you get the advice you need.

For what it's worth we have always had Indesit, but have nothing like the demands you have - we have got around 8 years from each one we have had.
Hi Ray.yes thanks for letting me post the question,last Indesit we had lasted 6 months,anyway i am a caravanner and we are off again tomorrow,to curry,s car park so we can buy a new washing machine!!

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Possible overloading was also the thought that occured to me. I once weighed what to me seemed like a 'normal load' and compared it to the manufacturer's recommended weight per wash. I was amazed at how much I was over and probably it is very easy to put too much in at one go in an effort to get it done, thereby putting too much strain on belts etc. The number of machines you have used might suggest something other than poor products.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts