Novice looking for advice (on buying a caravan (-: )

Sep 21, 2024
Visit site
Hi all, the name is Paul living in Ireland and I am new to the forum. I am currently looking to buy a secondhand Going 350 4 berth caravan. At the moment I have only seen photographs before going to view and in fairness It looks very clean with a dampness cert (didn't know they existed) and a six month warranty. My only concern is that I noticed from the pictures that there appeared to be black mould around the outside edges. I asked for a video which in fairness he sent no problem and It appears to be sealer not mould. I have read that It should be soft which It is but It looks really roughly applied and I am surprised that It is black sealer on a white caravan. Should I be concerned? Thanks my hopefully new friends...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

Do not buy a secondhand caravan, until you have seen it in the flesh, and have thoroughly checked it out, possibly with a friend or relative who is experienced with caravans, I strongly suggests if you are dead set on a particular caravan, arrange to have it independently inspected by a professional service engineer and only agee to purchase if the inspection report comes back as good as you want it. Of course the seller is going to make it sound good, but as the buyer you need to ask all the questions before you agree to buy.

I am aware that you line in Ireland and that may well mean your legal rights will be differnt to England and Wales

Its a brand I'm not familiar with the brand, but I have discovered a question was posted back in 2004 almost exactly 20 years ago:-

TRENDING THREADS