Now i have finish towing with my Tiguan looking for a new car in the near future

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes got a newish Pride Apex Rapid travel mobility scooter and it great so far like the one below .
We have the same, and can break down into 5 pieces, takes up very little space really, in the back of the car, Mrs H loves it, as her hips are dodgy, a bit like her getting back from the pub on it. 🍷🍷🍷

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That Connect has a low rear entrance and would be a good candidate for a ramp if the dimension to the back seat was sufficient with the rear seats removed. It is possible to reverse a scooter in while standing to one side.

John
We would like to put the mobility scooter where the sliding door is on the Connect and use folding and extending ramps as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB and WayneS
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Went to Evans Halshaw a dealer at Hull had a look at the Ford Tourneo Connect diesel Auto very impressed so they are looking for automatic i can try and ask the big question how long i be waiting for a new one 9 months unless you can find a used one then we drove on to Hornsea . .
Glad it went well, very difficult to get some new cars delivered in reasonable timescales. Companies have wound back and rationalised the model range consistent with chip availability and ensuring fleet emmisions align with the various legislative requirents for fleet CO2 emmisions. Also the new cars are being made to order very few pre registrations around.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sadly we also have to look for car to replace our trusty 1996 Corolla auto as Mrs B who is now out of hospital cannot get in or out of it. Need a small car more suitable for her.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Glad it went well, very difficult to get some new cars delivered in reasonable timescales. Companies have wound back and rationalised the model range consistent with chip availability and ensuring fleet emmisions align with the various legislative requirents for fleet CO2 emmisions. Also the new cars are being made to order very few pre registrations around.
See #12. Next door's new Kia has now been delayed to date unknown but hopefully year end. That’s 10 months from date of order😢

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been in contact with a dealer going to have a look at a Peugeot Rifter 1.5 Diesel Auto this car has been adapted it got a ramp at the back . and they said if you need anything else just ask (having a look at my options on what might be suited for my needs)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
See #12. Next door's new Kia has now been delayed to date unknown but hopefully year end. That’s 10 months from date of order😢

That’s one reason we went for a Kia Approved, the other being that the new deals were not as attractive, and it allowed us to “fix” future costs to a greater extent.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Been in contact with a dealer going to have a look at a Peugeot Rifter 1.5 Diesel Auto this car has been adapted it got a ramp at the back . and they said if you need anything else just ask (having a look at my options on what might be suited for my needs)
Sounds promising, hope it works for you.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That’s one reason we went for a Kia Approved, the other being that the new deals were not as attractive, and it allowed us to “fix” future costs to a greater extent.
In all the time that we have been living in Worcester we have only visited that dealership once as it is out of town and we never pass by although we go to Malvern town every week. Getting approved cars from a dealership seems the way forward even if you pay a premium price. No quibble warranties.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In all the time that we have been living in Worcester we have only visited that dealership once as it is out of town and we never pass by although we go to Malvern town every week. Getting approved cars from a dealership seems the way forward even if you pay a premium price. No quibble warranties.
They were probably the best dealership , franchised or non franchised, I have dealt with , and the car price was extremely competitive with a trade in not far below private sale estimates. Plus the sales lady put carpets in, fitted mud flaps and 30 litres of fuel too. With Approved, as opposed to Assured, Kia’s come from Kia U.K. and are prepared by Kia themselves from stock they control. When I first saw it advertised I rang the dealer and they were a bit non plussed until they realised it had not been released to them by Kia. The photos were taken in Kia preparation facility. The dealership advised me to put a refundable deposit as often Approved can be “sold” before they arrive. So I did that and they then took it off sale. So yesterday was the first time I had seen it and drove it. The PE for the Subaru was done there and then as I had taken all of its paperwork with me, cleaned and dejunked it too. So overall a welcome change from the norm. And Edwards sell/service caravans and motorhomes so a touch of nostalgia too for us as we drove home.

PS Edit the 30 litres of fuel were only invoiced at £30. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
They were probably the best dealership , franchised or non franchised, I have dealt with , and the car price was extremely competitive with a trade in not far below private sale estimates. Plus the sales lady put carpets in, fitted mud flaps and 30 litres of fuel too. With Approved, as opposed to Assured, Kia’s come from Kia U.K. and are prepared by Kia themselves from stock they control. When I first saw it advertised I rang the dealer and they were a bit non plussed until they realised it had not been released to them by Kia. The photos were taken in Kia preparation facility. The dealership advised me to put a refundable deposit as often Approved can be “sold” before they arrive. So I did that and they then took it off sale. So yesterday was the first time I had seen it and drove it. The PE for the Subaru was done there and then as I had taken all of its paperwork with me, cleaned and dejunked it too. So overall a welcome change from the norm. And Edwards sell/service caravans and motorhomes so a touch of nostalgia too for us as we drove home.

We approached them to fit an air con in a previous caravan, but ran away fast when they quoted us. I must admit that time when we did visit the dealership looking for a car they were pleasant. Daughter bought her Suzuki Vitara from a dealership just up the road from the Kia dealership. Collects it today.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

Hyundai/Kia take a lot of their Approved cars from Enterprise Rent-a-car (ERAC Ltd) but their deal means they only take the very best - they go through Hyundai/Kia computer systems but dealers bid for them online and they get delivered direct from Enterprise to the dealer without physically going near Hyundai/Kia - as soon as they've successfully bid for a car, most dealers will advertise it using Enterprise photos, hence why there's sometimes a delay until the car arrives at the dealership.

We bought a Hyundai i30 like this from our local Hyundai dealer, arranged to be at the dealers to see the car being unloaded off the transporter and given the chance to inspect it before any preparation done - it needed little work doing and is still in excellent condition 8 years later.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hyundai/Kia take a lot of their Approved cars from Enterprise Rent-a-car (ERAC Ltd) but their deal means they only take the very best - they go through Hyundai/Kia computer systems but dealers bid for them online and they get delivered direct from Enterprise to the dealer without physically going near Hyundai/Kia - as soon as they've successfully bid for a car, most dealers will advertise it using Enterprise photos, hence why there's sometimes a delay until the car arrives at the dealership.

We bought a Hyundai i30 like this from our local Hyundai dealer, arranged to be at the dealers to see the car being unloaded off the transporter and given the chance to inspect it before any preparation done - it needed little work doing and is still in excellent condition 8 years later.

The one we bought was not serviced and prepared by the dealership. Who did that then? Enterprise or Kia?

Anyway its no matter as in the early 1990s I bought first generation Mondeo via Ford Direct. Did not see it until it arrived at the Ford dealership in Barrow in Furness. it was a six month old car that had been a Hertz rental. My XC 70 was an ex rental car too.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The one we bought was not serviced and prepared by the dealership. Who did that then? Enterprise or Kia?

Anyway its no matter as in the early 1990s I bought first generation Mondeo via Ford Direct. Did not see it until it arrived at the Ford dealership in Barrow in Furness. it was a six month old car that had been a Hertz rental. My XC 70 was an ex rental car too.
I wasn't knocking ex-rental cars, our experience of buying them has been good - ironically the only bad experience was a VW Touareg, rented from Enterprise by VW as a like-for-like courtesy car, which was in very poor condition and drank oil like a fish.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't knocking ex-rental cars, our experience of buying them has been good - ironically the only bad experience was a VW Touareg, rented from Enterprise by VW as a like-for-like courtesy car, which was in very poor condition and drank oil like a fish.

The two ex Hertz cars we have had were absolutely fine both in initial delivery condition and as cars during our ownership. But this one wasn't an ex hire car. Under consumer regulations dealerships are obliged to inform a purchaser if they are. But I asked and looked at the V5; but it wouldn't have bothered me at all as it condition was on a par with brand new, and a 7 year full manufacturers warranty with 96000 miles left does give you some confidence that you will not be in CRA 2015 territory. Well, hopefully not.The old wives tales about hire cars are mostly just that.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The two ex Hertz cars we have had were absolutely fine both in initial delivery condition and as cars during our ownership. But this one wasn't an ex hire car. Under consumer regulations dealerships are obliged to inform a purchaser if they are. But I asked and looked at the V5; but it wouldn't have bothered me at all as it condition was on a par with brand new, and a 7 year full manufacturers warranty with 96000 miles left does give you some confidence that you will not be in CRA 2015 territory. Well, hopefully not.The old wives tales about hire cars are mostly just that.
We hired a Toyota Corolla in 2018 from Bidvest and it was tired and lack any oomph. Later on the same trip I hired another Corolla from Avis and it was brilliant. Next time we will stick with Avis.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Edit the 30 litres of fuel were only invoiced at £30.
Tax free👏👏👏
An excellent outcome Clive and sounds like the perfect car for your needs. Within our immediate family we have had 8 Kia / Hyundai cars .3 are still us an i 10, Mk3 Sorento and K3 Cee’d My two Sorentos served me very well for 13 years. Our friends at Chippenham serviced our three until the warranties ran out , then our local chap took over. Both Sorries did over 100 k and are still going strong this year. Hope you enjoy👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Tax free👏👏👏
An excellent outcome Clive and sounds like the perfect car for your needs. Within our immediate family we have had 8 Kia / Hyundai cars .3 are still us an i 10, Mk3 Sorento and K3 Cee’d My two Sorentos served me very well for 13 years. Our friends at Chippenham serviced our three until the warranties ran out , then our local chap took over. Both Sorries did over 100 k and are still going strong this year. Hope you enjoy👍
Dusty, we don’t quite have your track record but our two Kia’s ( mk1 Sorento and current Rio) gave/ have given no problems whatsoever and it is almost quicker for me to walk to CMC than drive. Friends of ours have an I10 and a Santa Fe for towing, same experience as us. Kia must be doing something right given their steady rise towards the top positions in the various surveys. Must admit the warranty does give comfort, albeit so far on Kias owned by us it has not had to be used. I bought the Mk1 Sorento to replace a dire 3 year old Disco 2. At that time (2004 ) Kia were giving American owners 10 years on the power train, and 100000 miles warranty, but British only got 3 years and 60k miles, but I thought it worth a punt given the company clearly had confidence in their product, experience proved me right.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Tax free👏👏👏
Dusty Within our immediate family we have had 1 Hillman Imp 1 Renault4 2 Austin 2 Mazda 2 Nissan, 7 Fiat, 7 Vw, 4 Ford 3 Peugeot 4 Citroen and 2 Volvo 1 Mitsubishi and our youngest granddaughter just pass her test looking for her first car .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
My dad use to own a Ford Popular like this one

in 1962 my brother, age 17, bought one of them from a stranger on the way back from the pub after chucking out time, paid £5. I used to hot wire it and go around the back streets of Liverpool. I was only 14 or 15.

Mad days.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS