NR Awnings

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

After reading lots of posts I get the idea that NR Awning are popular and very good quality. I am thinking of buying a 975 size awning from NR, and was just wondering how easy it is to put up? Also, I have read comments about aluminium poles 'bending' on some makes of awning. Does this happen to the NR poles?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have had an NR Balmoral for last 4 years and have had no problems. We now put it up in about 30 mins, which must be a bummer to all those who take great delight in watching others struggling to put up an awning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have an NR Pullman, it is a really nice awning and hangs well-----we had a bradcot before and it never seemed to hang right , I was always ajusting or re-pegging, which I never to with the NR. I use the alloy poles, had no problem with bending so far, but you have to be careful with them, make sure there is no dirt or grit on the tubes as this will pick up on the soft alloy and tear the metal---keep em' clean

bob

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We've a Nr Executive with steel poles. No problems with putting up or taking down. They are excellent value for money. Personally like steel poles better than alloy. I think either way you will be pleased.

Peter

Sep 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We've a Nr Executive with steel poles. No problems with putting up or taking down. They are excellent value for money. Personally like steel poles better than alloy. I think either way you will be pleased.

Peter
We have just bought an NR Sterling with alloy poles. It went up far easier than we expected and looked pretty good ! The alloy poles seemed OK, certainly much lighter than steel, but I do wonder if they might be easily damaaged. The awning itself is very good though. We ordered it over the phone direct from NR, and as they had one in stock it arrived within 3 days. The Sterling is relatively cheap, though of course you don't get metal zips, pockets, etc. but it's good value all the same.

Sep 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have a excutive and a porch awning from NR and have had no problems. If you need any help or spare parts they will post them to you same day, great customer service.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS