nunnykirk...alnwick castle lindisfarne, and dogs

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello

we are going to nunnykirk next weekend, and looking forward to it, anyone been, we have 1 dog now (unfortunately our old english sheepdog who was only 22 month old passed away from doggy leukemia, 5 weeks ago) so the remaining dog is wondering what is happening, he has never walked as much, . can anyone tell me if you can go near to these landmarks as mentioned above,dont want to go and not be able to see them within reason because we have him with us...is it a dog friendly area, can they go on the beaches, he is still only 2 so he is quite giddy , never been to this area so any advice would be very much appreciated...thankyou ED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ed, We stayed at Nunnykirk for a weekend last year and really enjoyed it, site was a decent size and was quite empty when we were there, the whole site is mainly grass with only one road from left to right going thru, electric hookup but no toilet block. I'm not sure but i think there was a dog walk along a country track adjacent to the site.

the site itself is in the middle of no where a few miles away from Rothbury town. There is lots of walks within easy reach, a wooded nature area and fontburn resivoir within a few mins drive. Alwnick and its castle and gardens are easy reched by car, i would say around 30 mins,and probably your nearest point for decent size supermarkets eg: Morrisons and Sainsbury, another good dog walking area is the ingram valley with linhope spout waterfall, again within 30 mins drive north, up A697 just thru Powburn where the lovely River Breamish CC site stands. Holy Island/Lindisfarne is a little further maybe approx 1 hour drive from Nunnykirk, via Alnwick, then north bound up the A1, also in this direction is Bamburgh Castle and Seahouses both, nice seaside village and town, Bamburgh has a great beach which I think you can take dogs onto. For Lindisfarne you will need to check the crossing times for the causeway!

Hope this helps, if you can think of anything else you'd like to know just ask, I live is southwest Northumberland,(Hadrians Wall country) so know the area reasonably well, where u travelling from?

Cheers Andrew.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts