Obtaining spares for Fiat engines

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
This is my first posting on this forum.
I have a motorhome with an 04 Fiat 2.8l JTD cab and engine. The radio aerial, which I
believe is inside one of the wing mirrors is useless. I am having great difficulties getting spares.
The Fiat agent in my town, Warrington, Cheshire only deals with Fiat cars. Anyone got any ideas
where I can get spares in the North West or online?
Thanks for any help
Roy

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
juggler7823 said:
Hi,
This is my first posting on this forum.
I have a motorhome with an 04 Fiat 2.8l JTD cab and engine. The radio aerial, which I
believe is inside one of the wing mirrors is useless. I am having great difficulties getting spares.
The Fiat agent in my town, Warrington, Cheshire only deals with Fiat cars. Anyone got any ideas
where I can get spares in the North West or online?
Thanks for any help
Roy

Roy, slightly confused? Are you looking for a new radio aerial or bits or general Fiat spares? (I have the same 03/04 Fiat 2.8JTD set-up)
The standard aerial is too short.
I managed to get a longer one from Auchan in France which screwed into the existing housing. It was only about €5.00. It has improved the reception consideraby - still not brilliant but much better.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Both really. My van does not have an external aerial at all and I do not want to add one unless essential. I understand that there is an amplified areial in the nearside door mirror. I will need a source of Fiat speares in the future.
Roy

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same van on a Eura Mobil Sport conversion, not owned the motorhome long and there was an aerial screwed to the front passenger pillar, it folds in to a plastic housing and then opns out and extends to about half a metre.
I was wondering why don't people who own motorhomes and have problems with fitting an outdoor aerial for the radio. If a satalite dish or roof mounted multi directional aerial is attached why don'y people connect the cab stereo aerial feed to the roof fm aerial surely that will get the best signal of all.

Let me know all your views or if any one else as tried and tested this method. Would be good to hear your views.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Paul and Ola said:
I have the same van on a Eura Mobil Sport conversion, not owned the motorhome long and there was an aerial screwed to the front passenger pillar, it folds in to a plastic housing and then opns out and extends to about half a metre.
I was wondering why don't people who own motorhomes and have problems with fitting an outdoor aerial for the radio. If a satalite dish or roof mounted multi directional aerial is attached why don'y people connect the cab stereo aerial feed to the roof fm aerial surely that will get the best signal of all.

Let me know all your views or if any one else as tried and tested this method. Would be good to hear your views.
Paul - What you propose, i.e. using the roof mounted aerial will give good reception & is used by a few motorhomers I know, but the usual problem is routing & length of the aerial coax to the radio. To do this you would need to leave the habitation electrics & aerial box switched on whilst traveling.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Or, Have another radio/CD player in the habitation area close to the ariel point wired to the leisure battery, my last one had a remote control so no problems using from the co-pilots seat ( she controls what we listen to
smiley-undecided.gif
).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts