Oh dear , what can the matter be---

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
---I cant open the door to the lavatory! We have a push button catch on the toilet door, you know the type, push it in to close and push it in again to open. The door is closed but the catch seems to be stuck, if I push the catch in it doesnt click and pop out like it should and I dont see what I can do about it! The toilet has no window so I cant climb in to remove the catch and the screws for the hinges are hidden so I cant take the door off. As a last resort I could stick a screwdriver in and try and spring the door open but I think this will do a lot of damage. Any suggestions? Should these (plastic) locks be lubricated and if so what with (WD40 perhaps). Thanks for any suggestions, Jim.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We had a that prob, push button operated a rod on the inside that had a hook affairs top and bottome to hold the door closed.

Pressing the door in at top bottome and middle released the rod and it popped open and the knob was back working. A slight adjustment and tightening of screws and some WD 40 and we had no more probs.

Have never had a prob using WD40 in vans on plastics and nylon, but no doubt someone knows better :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a similair problems once last year, To open the door I applied presure at the top and bottom of the door where the latches are whilst the wife pushed the button. When the door opened I lubricated all the moving parts and it hasnt happened again.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
If you have not used your van yet this year it may be that the wood in the door has expanded with moisture during the winter.

we had a similar problem last year, we now leave the door open for the winter put the heating on for a couple of days before we go away and all is well and the door works fine again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts