Oh Dear

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I thought I'd share this with you, late this afternoon a transit vans brakes failed and it crashed into the garden of the flats where I live taking out a wall and a few fences (driver ok)

Police turn up and fast response ambulance car.

While the paramedic was examining the driver I said to the traffic cop do you want me to move the van and put it in the car park out of the way, no he said brushing me aside I'm a police advanced driver I'll do it

So he jumped in the van and reversed it out straight into the ambulance car creasing the front bumper.

It was very difficult trying to keep a straight face

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Perhaps he should have taken the "Advanced Parking" course as well.

I wonder if he will get the option of three points on his licence or take two days off work pay an extortionate fee and take the driver awareness course?

Our Bobbies do a great job, in difficult times. But sometimes they like to take the proverbial.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We all make mistakes but a policeman crashing a car is always "news".

We go to the Dorset Steam Fair and one year it totally hissed down with rain. On the way out the police directed cars accross a field and up a mud slope - total chaos.

Then when we finally reached the road they directed us all to turn left, back several miles to Blandford where we would all have to turn round at the roundabout and go back past the muddy field we had just exited.

Now this seemed silly to everyone so those that wanted to go right did a three point turn in the road and drove back the way they wanted to go.

Several of us stopped and said to the Police that what was happening was silly. The result? An obvious taking of the cars registration number but other than that - total silence.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear indeed.

Mind you, it's easily done, last week I followed one of the fire appliances. I was driving a focus estate and after we had finished the event, I reversed out of my parking space and nearly knocked two old people over. (They get everywhere old people do).

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts