Oh my what weather

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A few weeks back there was a C&CC Temporary Holiday Site set up just as the towns flood barriers were erected. The field became extremely boggy. Today as the heavens opened I notice that a THS has just commenced. And the ground still has high ground water table with ditches still holding water from the last wet period. Still I understand the east areas may becseeeing snow.
Just goes to show what hardy souls caravanners (and motorhomers) really are.
Guess I will just have to settle down with a cup of tea and read my latest CMHC magazine showing sunny UK:)

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
otherclive said:
Guess I will just have to settle down with a cup of tea and read my latest CMHC magazine showing sunny UK:)

Your tea should still be hot by the time you have finished reading it. You might even manage the latest C&CC mag as well :p

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
As long as no one is doing the rain dances for me today cos the sun is cracking the pavements here, we are all packed and heading to Yorkshire for my cl site ! Wine is packed for easy access to be poured when we get there as awning gets put up and magazine for tonight! Table booked for tmrw in the local village pub for a meal and a few pints more!

Craig B) :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
As long as no one is doing the rain dances for me today cos the sun is cracking the pavements here, we are all packed and heading to Yorkshire for my cl site ! Wine is packed for easy access to be poured when we get there as awning gets put up and magazine for tonight! Table booked for tmrw in the local village pub for a meal and a few pints more!

Craig B) :p

Have a good weekend away, and enjoy it all..

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok ! So who done the rain dance ! :angry:
Was lovely when we travelled up until 2o minutes from site ! Heavens opened , had to lift jockey wheel whilst mover moving van as it was sinking in grass ! No awning up . Looks nice this morning though :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Practical Caravan Magazine is a good read :p

Parksy,
that ones already in the bag, as is the C&CC one too. Any further deterioration in the weather forecast and I may have to make a start on redecorating the hall,stairs and landing. Last done around 25 years ago. Thats a measure of my desperation, but my wife would be chuffed to bits.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Ok ! So who done the rain dance ! :angry:
Was lovely when we travelled up until 2o minutes from site ! Heavens opened , had to lift jockey wheel whilst mover moving van as it was sinking in grass ! No awning up . Looks nice this morning though :)

Well know fact that I seem to carry rain or inclement wherever I go. I was working in Oz for three months in Canberra and managed a weekend off in Sydney. Well there was fog and mist all around Sydney and the ferry to Manley was rolling akin to something approaching a tug boat off Dogger Bank. And that was February, ie summer in Oz. So steer clear of booking any sites where I might venture to. Dusty can confirm that before we rolled up in Shropshire he was in shorts and tee shirt. Afterwards it was fog/rain for four of our five days. :evil:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
Parksy said:
Practical Caravan Magazine is a good read :p

Parksy,
that ones already in the bag, as is the C&CC one too. Any further deterioration in the weather forecast and I may have to make a start on redecorating the hall,stairs and landing. Last done around 25 years ago. Thats a measure of my desperation, but my wife would be chuffed to bits.

Steady on Clive!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I know that it's pretty bad but please try to remember that some of us have better halves who might see what you wrote :dry:
Don't be giving them ideas :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just the hall stairs and landing, then the Kitchen, and the back room, then I can get a Motor bike, but the Boss will probably want the upstairs rooms done again. , before that. Lets just get away in the van.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Just the hall stairs and landing, then the Kitchen, and the back room, then I can get a Motor bike, but the Boss will probably want the upstairs rooms done again. , before that. Lets just get away in the van.

Please do not mention that word decorating or you might give my wife ideas. I can manage most rooms but I am not prepared to hang from ladders on the stairs.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
EH52ARH said:

Please do not mention that word decorating or you might give my wife ideas. I can manage most rooms but I am not prepared to hang from ladders on the stairs.

Profuse apologies but I’ve stripped the hall already. From memory one drop took a whole roll of paper when I last did it. But from memory can’t remember how I accessed it. Must have used my old planks which were thrown out years ago thinking we will move before I have to do the stairs again!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Even though the heavens opened , the sun got out a bit !!
https://postimg.cc/image/3uzdqjkaz/

And I just want to say thanks to gagaKev that brief explanation on a different post for loading an easy picture!!

https://s9.postimg.cc/qxpwpstj3/20170830_181450.jpg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Even though the heavens opened , the sun got out a bit !!
https://postimg.cc/image/3uzdqjkaz/

And I just want to say thanks to gagaKev that brief explanation on a different post for loading an easy picture!!

https://s9.postimg.cc/qxpwpstj3/20170830_181450.jpg

Just experimenting !!

craigs_van.jpg

Craig dont know why your piccy is so small, there is a box to the left to resize but I have not had to.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Pass on that one Kev , it's the first time in five years Ive managed to get a picture on ! I'll get used to it though !! :lol:
Thanks
Craig .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Pass on that one Kev , it's the first time in five years Ive managed to get a picture on ! I'll get used to it though !! :lol:
Thanks
Craig .

Experiment with the links Craig, as you look to be using your phone it may be different.
Might be a good idea if you try in the photography section, otherwise this could go too far off topic!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts