Oh Well does it matter attitudes

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
We were stopped having lunch at Sedgemoor services on the M5 last Sunday when another van pulled in alongside us - the van was filthy covered in dirt and 'green' the couple and their two dogs stopped for about 15mins then pulled out - as they pulled away I noticed that the van electric cable had come unplugged from the car and was being dragged along the ground - I ran across the verge and intercepted them - the guy said thanks, got out, plugged it back in and then drove off 'with the loop of the cable rubbing along the road' - wonder how far he got?

Also then noticed his rear numberplate was a piece of card fixed to the back window with insulating tape.

It just amazes me that some people really don't seem to care or have any self pride in their outfit.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
that might be his attitude ,but he is breaking the law number plates have to be the right colour ,with the right letter spacing , and with lights ,you will probably find his tyres and brakes are defective as well,

G

Just because it looks a little rough doesn't mean it's dodgy.

Could be a renovation project on the way home. Could be a security move, who's going to nick a scruffy van :)

Haven't cleaned our van for months, to busy enjoying ourselves with it!

We clean it before we leave home and it gets cleaned when we get back and thats it!

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Euro,

I do the same - clean when I leave - in this case the only water it ever saw was when it rained.

Sorry I shouldn't be so judgemental it was just that they were obviously going or returning from holiday and were happy to live with a)the state of the van & b) not worry about the roadworthy condition of their van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts