Oh what a day! :(

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Finally got the van out of the field!

Even with the Nissan Navara I couldn't drag it out so eventually the site owners hooked up the front of the towhitch with a fork lift and pulled it out that way.
So next week I am taking it to Brighton for a shake down at last. :)

cheers,

Ricky

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well done Ricky, Bet you are relieved, hope you have a good time in Brighton, start to enjoy yoir new van once you have it cleaned down. :p

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Had an email pic from our mobile service engineer, showing the state of the field where our van is stored, and the poor van that is stranded in front of ours. Thank goodness ours is on hardstanding! We called the storage site, and the owners are away for 12 days, but gave us a number of a chap who can get it out for us on the tractor next week, weather permitting. Short of that, we'll have to airlift it out!!

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not experienced with twin axles but do you, in exceptional circumstances like this, really need your jockey wheels down?.
As a twin axle it is balanced and as long as the pull is level it shouldn't stick it's nose into the mud.
With a slow pull and not a snatch you can stop if it starts going wrong.

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
BedfordRL said:
As a twin axle it is balanced and as long as the pull is level it shouldn't stick it's nose into the mud.
With a slow pull and not a snatch you can stop if it starts going wrong.

You would think so but for my van (can't speak for others) this isn't the case. I've checked the nose weight and it isn't nose heavy so it must be down to design.

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, airbags are used a lot in recovery these days ,what it needs is a couple of airbags that spread the load front and back so you can lift the caravan and put sand ladders or scaffold planks over the hole .

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
BedfordRL said:
Hmm, airbags are used a lot in recovery these days ,what it needs is a couple of airbags that spread the load front and back so you can lift the caravan and put sand ladders or scaffold planks over the hole .

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been away on holiday in the van in sunnyish Dorset this week.
As you can see I did get it out in the end.

Cheers,

Ricky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts