old computers

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Where ever you take it, remove your hard rive first.

Even if you delete everything this can still be accessed.

Burn it yourself.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
either store it as a spare or bin it

Whatever you do, do not give it to a friend or family. I have learnt that if you do that then you will be providing support and sorting problems for years to come

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Cannot agree more with steve, the novelty of being the family teccy soon wears of after a midnight call saying ' I cant get onto the ---------whatever.

Bin it, remove the hard disc, use it as a spare, anything but dont give to friend or family.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

(and yes we do know what they are)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
give it to the charity shop, factory reset it first!
Jeff thank you for your so helpfull sugestion..What type of hammer should i use and should i turn the Pc off before hitting it??? I hope this is not offensive

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve

How do you remove the hard drive? - Just ordered a new computer (HCI, tax relief on it, scheme ends next week, so hopefully should still get it)

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For years we used an old 386 (remember those!) as a print server.

Not needed now of course but we have it arround somewhere

Cannot agree more with the comments re removing the hard drive.

Not to do so would potentialy hand your details over for identity fraud.

We retain all our hard drives (they are replaced regularly as we have found Laptops less robust) and keep them secure.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Mark and Steve. I still haven't heard from the company yet, so fingers crossed.

Steve - I might have to email you if I do get the new opne as I have photos on my current computer which I don't want to lose - too complicated to explain here.

Thanks again.

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive it must be my age but our first computer was a BBC and this was followed by a Commodore 64. Those were the days - gas fired computers. I still have the handbook somewhere in the attic for the BBC - probably when next sorting out the attic will file it in the recycle bin.

TRENDING THREADS