Old-Newbie looking for help with caravan!

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello campers, just purchased a 1992 ABI marauder 380/2 caravan yesterday,after getting it back I

was checking every thing, and discovered no keys to the front locker, battery and gas box doors.

Are they possible to get hold of, there are no numbers that I can see on the locks, where can I get them from, or do I have to replace all complete locks, if available.

I have tried searching for ABI caravans for guidance, but with no luck. Are they still trading.

I also need a stabiliser, what is the AL-KO ball hitch stabilisers like, can it fit the AL-KO trailer

I have, if so what type, or can any one recommend a different type.

I think that's it for now.

Graham

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
all locks on most caravans are operated by 1 single key usualy,it seem that the door lock barrel has been changed on your van,& thats the only key you have. If the previous owner does not have the other key you will probably have to change the barrels in all the others which is simple enough but getting 3/4 barrels to fit the existing locks with the same key may be a challenge

other wise RS component may be able to help http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2585272

I don't know if the ALKO stabilizer hitch would fit,but this type of hitch is very expensive around

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Graham, what is the shape of the lock, is it a slot as with a normal key or is it round, in which case all you need what's called a gas key.

Jeff.
hi jeff, yes like the gas locker, 2 locks to the front,1 lock on the battery locker and the 1 for the gas locker.

I have not visited my local caravan centre yet, so I not know weather they are off the shelf.

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
hi Jeremy, yes the previous owner did have a key (gas locker type)

it turned out to be a plank type key, where as no notches to engage

the lock properly, if I put pressure on the door and lock it will just about open the doors. me being me I want it right.

graham

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
other problems has raised its ugly head with the thetford c2 fixed toilet and the water taps, they don't work no power I think, is going to them.

as for the loo. the previous owner left flush water in the tank over winter, actually the van has not been used for over 12 months,just wondering if the pump is OK, so me thinks the toilet will come out and give it a good check over.

And for cosmetic reason I wont to change all the door hinges and knobs, the hinges are rusty and the knobs are pitted, I've found where I can get the knobs from, but having trouble finding the 3 types of hinges with the same Finnish on them.

graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts