Old newbie

Jun 2, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone nice to be on here. Returned to a caravan after a 35 year absence, retired now so can go at our own pace . Been looking for last few weeks and bought a 2015 Elddis rambler was the set out we wanted and we have took the plunge. For the remainder of this year we are putting it on a seasonal pitch as we need to change cars as the qashqai isn't quite up to it and I haven't seen anything I fancy yet. Going to the dealers this week for a crash course in how to work everything. Need some security what's opinions on second hand hitchlocks and wheel clamps and any brands I should be looking out for. Will be visiting this forum alot and hope to pick up some tips and advice . Cheers

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum. Wrt security the top item is an Alko wheel lock but some find them fiddly to use. I used mine at home and in storage. I bought second hand from the Caravan Motorhome Club Classifieds. Then swopped the lock around for another one sent to my dons address in Wales then sold my original lock. Convoluted I know. If the Alko doesn’t appeal next level would be Milenco Wraith or Nemesis. Both similar in function. For hitch lock I used Alko. You will need to check with your insurer to see what they stipulate. For a seasonal pitch I would go Alko wheel lock and use something a little easier to fit when touring.

Reactions: Glynnbob
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome, fully back up Clive's words, the Alko wheel lock comes in several different sizes to suit your wheel size and design. Also the Alko wheel locks are only for Alloy wheels.
There is so much to forget when your setting up your caravan, remember when you buy stuff you can add an extra £ XX to everything you buy. Aldi Lidl Dunelm, all sell the same stuff but cheaper.

Sep 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone nice to be on here. Returned to a caravan after a 35 year absence, retired now so can go at our own pace . Been looking for last few weeks and bought a 2015 Elddis rambler was the set out we wanted and we have took the plunge. For the remainder of this year we are putting it on a seasonal pitch as we need to change cars as the qashqai isn't quite up to it and I haven't seen anything I fancy yet. Going to the dealers this week for a crash course in how to work everything. Need some security what's opinions on second hand hitchlocks and wheel clamps and any brands I should be looking out for. Will be visiting this forum alot and hope to pick up some tips and advice . Cheers
welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Reactions: Glynnbob

TRENDING THREADS