Old Orchard site

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I have had a lovely week at Dornafield site in Devon but in the little lane to the site we past a very small site called Old Orchard, I think it is a cc site.
We kept saying we would investigate more but never did.
Can any one tell me more about it, like has it electric, showers, toilets.
It is between Newton Abbot and Totnes on the Totnes Road.
Reg

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I have just tried a search but no luck, it may not be a cc site.
I did look at Google map and can see the name board at the entrance but this did not give any clue's..

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Reg, think you will find its a listed c+cc site, we passed it as well, Dornafield two weekends back were you there then?
The Old Orchard site is obviously totaly differant from Dornafeild and to be honest did'nt appeal to me.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
We were there from the 19th to 26th so could be the same week, we was on pitch 84 nere the shower block in Butterfield medow.
Can't miss us we had the dog that keeps barking at the tractor.
Were you there then?
Reg

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've been to Dornafield and wasn't that impressed. Too close together and the width of the roadways left a lot to be desired. I'm glad I had a mover to get on to our pitch because the pitch opposite was only a few feet away.
A supposedly nice site that I haven't yet visited but others rave about is only a few miles down the road ...
http://www.rossparkcaravanpark.co.uk/

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Reg and Pat said:
We were there from the 19th to 26th so could be the same week, we was on pitch 84 nere the shower block in Butterfield medow.
Can't miss us we had the dog that keeps barking at the tractor.
Were you there then?
Reg

Hi Reg small world, we were there for weekend 25th + 26th and left 27th, we were up in Blackrock copse next to shower block pitch 54
Sorry we missed you, you could have brought me a pint, he he
P.S Did'nt hear your doggy

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
I've been to Dornafield and wasn't that impressed. Too close together and the width of the roadways left a lot to be desired. I'm glad I had a mover to get on to our pitch because the pitch opposite was only a few feet away.
A supposedly nice site that I haven't yet visited but others rave about is only a few miles down the road ...
http://www.rossparkcaravanpark.co.uk/

Hi L.B Ross Park was our first choice, and all was going well untill they asked me the length of my van, for which I replied 7.9m to nearly 8.0m
There reply was thats a T/A, no its a single was my reply. Are you sure? ummm its my van !!
Sorry we are fully booked!!!
Do you think they thought I was a member of the travelling fraternity? Or were they telling the truth, suppose I will never know.

Well they wont be getting my money in the future.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Do you think they thought I was a member of the travelling fraternity?

You should have put on your best posh telephone accent
smiley-smile.gif

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes they think its a twin due to length and some sites and ferrys need to make sure they can accomidate before they give you a pitch smaller vans can be placed on most pitches and i was told by ferry company that over 13 mtrs car and van plus tow bar needs a special booking no more money but you need to let them know.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Is'nt it nice to be differant for a change, he he
Got enough to see in this country before I give the foreign lands the honour of my presence,
but will never say never.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
forest gump said:
i was on about the iow you are a full blown pikey now kev,he he .

Anyone want to buy an ADRIA van, fully equipped with special wheel draught cover, availible in the Devon area from the 28th May onwards????????

P.S went to the IOW last year not impressed at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts