On board water tank

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Thingy, I agree with most of the comments in this thread except for the removing of the on board tank!

I agree there's little need for one if you don't venture out and about much after mid October or before mid March but if you do, as pointed out, there's a real risk of the out board feed pipe freezing. Also I used to hate it when the pump starts whirring away just as the heavens open up resulting in getting all the wet weather gear on then having it hanging around afterwards!

I used to find the valves a bit of a fiddle on my last van (Bailey) but my current van (Swift) i had to order the tank as an optional extra. It means I've now got two outside connectors, one 12v powered and the original one that isn't. This means I can leave the valves in one position, fill the on board tank from the aquaroll via the powered water inlet using the pump on the end of the filler pipe and then the on board pump is fed from the on board tank. Refill the aquaroll when the on board tank is full and then once the on board tank starts getting low just press the button and fill it up again. Refill the aquaroll when it's convenient then.

It should be possible to set up any system that uses the two different pumps in this way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts