Visit site
Get set folks................
The clock is ticking......

3.gif

We're nearly there
All the moans and groans will soon be here
I cant get on the site, it is so slow ......Oh no its crashed,
The site I wanted has already gone.
I wanted to book a week but all the weekends have been booked already.
What is it????????????

The CC opens it's 2012 season booking day 09/12/2011

By the way I'm not a member
5.gif

Happy booking folks.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have never bothered with it and if we can't get on a site for a 10 day break we use a commercial site. No wonder the CC have a huge trading deficit on their sites. Much more fun reading the posts from greedy and selfish people who say they cannot get all the weekends that they want. Hehehe!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Who needs/wants expensive club sites - I've already booked 11 CLs and 2 commercials - the commercials are about the same price as a CC club site but in much better locations and the CLs are about half the price.
Not opening for booking until December isn't very helpful anyway - a 13 month rolling booking window would be much better, like most commercials operate.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Same old chestnut as every year. Solution ,,,, FULL PAYMENT ON BOOKING that will stop people booking 5/6 etc sites then seeing what the weather is like and going to the best area, refund on production of a mortuary certificate, that will stop them.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Get Set...............
The annual CC online booking bunfight kicks off at 9:00 am tomorrow folks!
There are new rules in place which should deter those who allegedly book multiple sites for weekends so hopefully there will be fewer disgruntled Caravan Club members with complaints about the system this year.

EDIT: CC members can log on to the bookings system from 7:00 am so set those alarm clocks!
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Parksy said:
Get Set...............
The annual CC online booking bunfight kicks off at 9:00 am tomorrow folks!
There are new rules in place which should deter those who allegedly book multiple sites for weekends so hopefully there will be fewer disgruntled Caravan Club members with complaints about the system this year.

EDIT: CC members can log on to the bookings system from 7:00 am so set those alarm clocks!
smiley-smile.gif
Yes its nice to see our club is at last taking action.
Such as requiring 72 hours notice for a early departure, or pay a penalty.
Plus no shows can have all the bookings canceled for the year, nice one.
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Just booked most of mine - bank holidays, half-term and weekends ( Yes I am one of the dreaded "weekenders" ) .
Got in when and where I wanted apart from Knaresborough in April.No problems with site running slow etc.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Problem is not really with weekenders, but the club allowing weekenders to close up all weekends. In essence if you want a 10 day break you cannot use a club site as all the weekends are fully booked. Then the club wonders why they have a deficit on their profit and loss for club sites.

I wrote to them about this abnormality and the staying 10 days or more and got back a patronising wishy washy letter which did not address my question at all. All they mentioned was penalties being imposed. No idea what that has to do with a stay of 10 days and weekends being booked full.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just tried to book a full week at Rowntree park. Absolutely full as usual
smiley-cry.gif

Never mind there are plenty of CLs and Commercial Sites who will take my money.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Surfer said:
Problem is not really with weekenders, but the club allowing weekenders to close up all weekends. In essence if you want a 10 day break you cannot use a club site as all the weekends are fully booked. Then the club wonders why they have a deficit on their profit and loss for club sites.

I wrote to them about this abnormality and the staying 10 days or more and got back a patronising wishy washy letter which did not address my question at all. All they mentioned was penalties being imposed. No idea what that has to do with a stay of 10 days and weekends being booked full.
It's a double demand situation at weekends - those on longer breaks have to include Fri/Sat and weekenders also want Fri/Sat - since weekenders only contribute 2 nights per week compared to holiday makers who contribute 7 nights per week the only fair way is to significantly increase the nightly rate but with much better mid-week discounts - to make weekenders contribute more.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surfer said:

Surely members are equally entitled to book two days as they are ten days. If you want to stay on a site for 10 days you should have booked today. As I remember from when I was at work weekends away were a godsend to ease the pressures of the work environment. The new rules could well have a major impact of weekend availability as I think it will discourage people booking so many weekends and then cancelling at a later date.
David

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Kev, you have been on this forum long enough to know that this is the regular annual discussion. Always occurs this time of year, and if you hadn't started it someone else would have. You can give yourself some woosie-points for maintaining a tradition.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your kind words Mel, but I have to decline the Woosie points as I will have more than our leader King Dusty, whom I regard highly as he is running the club with precision and I couldnt possibly compete with his planning, leadership and compassion
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Thanks for your kind words Mel, but I have to decline the Woosie points as I will have more than our leader King Dusty, whom I regard highly as he is running the club with precision and I couldnt possibly compete with his planning, leadership and compassion
smiley-smile.gif
Ah well Kev
Nothing like a Woosie to start trouble. I quite like the idea of Woosie points that could be exchanged for nights at Chatsworth and Rowntree Park.
smiley-laughing.gif
I think the latter is closed for some month for a refurb.
I've tried for years to get on these sites without success thank goodness. As a result I discovered so many superior less crowded sites .
Anyone who has stayed on a completely full site will know they creak at the seams a bit. As King Woosie I can tell you the Royal Thrones never get cold
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
David Klyne said:
Surfer said:

Surely members are equally entitled to book two days as they are ten days. If you want to stay on a site for 10 days you should have booked today. As I remember from when I was at work weekends away were a godsend to ease the pressures of the work environment. The new rules could well have a major impact of weekend availability as I think it will discourage people booking so many weekends and then cancelling at a later date.
David
You are correct but perhaps the club should consider keeping aside a few pitches for any one that wishes to have a 10 day break or something along those lines. We have taken to using commercial sites or CLs for long breaks.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
When i worked i had a fixed 5 leg rota to work, so often had days of in the week, i was quite happy with this, but once every five weeks i think it was, i got a long week end, so friday sat sun off.
My point is that was the only chance i had of a short break with out using my holidays, which were also fixed, due to the fact the wife only had weekends off!
I'm quite sure that's the main reason for people booking all the week ends up.
Not every one is on a permanent holiday such as my self.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
RAY said:
When i worked i had a fixed 5 leg rota to work, so often had days of in the week, i was quite happy with this, but once every five weeks i think it was, i got a long week end, so friday sat sun off.
My point is that was the only chance i had of a short break with out using my holidays, which were also fixed, due to the fact the wife only had weekends off!
I'm quite sure that's the main reason for people booking all the week ends up.
Not every one is on a permanent holiday such as my self.
I know you're right Ray because I've done it myself!
It's just a shame a few "full" week slots are not held back for those of us who have time to spare
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I know you're right Ray because I've done it myself!
It's just a shame a few "full" week slots are not held back for those of us who have time to spare
smiley-wink.gif

Hope you are not going "barking" mad DD
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts