Onboard tank

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi all, a query about the onboard tank on our Coachman Laser 575 Xcel 2021. It’s worked fine up till this year, but now it’s doing weird things.

We’re on a serviced seasonal pitch, and connect water using a Whale input. If we fill the tank and select the ‘use internal source’ command on the Seattle control panel, with the outside tap left switched on, it still mainly uses the outside source, though the onboard tank level goes down a little as if some is drawn from there. If the outside tap is turned off, it will quite happily use the onboard tank. We do find the water pressure, especially for the shower, much better using the onboard tank, so just leaving the outside connected and ignoring the onboard is not our ideal.

I suspect it might be a control panel issue, for no real reason, but it equally could be a local switch. I hope someone better informed can enlighten me!

Thanks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the Whale system and to fill the onboard tank the switch it needs to be switched to "Ext". To use the onboard tank it needs to be switched to "Int". However the 12v switch next to the three way switch needs to be at the on position for the internal pump to activate and supply pressure to the taps.

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
We have the Whale system and to fill the onboard tank the switch it needs to be switched to "Ext". To use the onboard tank it needs to be switched to "Int". However the 12v switch next to the three way switch needs to be at the on position for the internal pump to activate and supply pressure to the taps.
Cheers Buckman, first two points are straightforward and what we do, but sorry, I’m not sure which 3-way switch you’re referring to??

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cheers Buckman, first two points are straightforward and what we do, but sorry, I’m not sure which 3-way switch you’re referring to??
We do not have Coachman so it may be a bit different. There are normally two switches for the water system. One switch turns on the pump. The other switch normally has three positions.

Pressing it at the top part of the switch is for "ext" and for water to be pumped into the onboard tank. Once the tank is full, you would switch to "Int" by pressing the switch at the bottom.

Maybe a picture of the control panel with switches may help?

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
We do not have Coachman so it may be a bit different. There are normally two switches for the water system. One switch turns on the pump. The other switch normally has three positions.

Pressing it at the top part of the switch is for "ext" and for water to be pumped into the onboard tank. Once the tank is full, you would switch to "Int" by pressing the switch at the bottom.

Maybe a picture of the control panel with switches may help?
Thanks- our panel does basically those actions with a different series of presses, and we definitely use them right. I was getting excited about a possible simple fix there!

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts