onboard tanks

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Just bought a new caravan with the latest gadgetry - and guess what?- an onboard tank!!. So somebody put me wise - what is the point of an onboard tank if you have to haul your water with a aquaroll. Do you get a length of hosepipe and hope it's long enough? (Some hosepipe)! Or should we all be fighting over the pitch right next to the washroom. Since I haven't seen all that many aquarolls thrown in layby's I assume we are all happy transferring water from one container to another, but at the moment I can't see the point. brian.f

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Biggest advantage would be touring in the winter, it's much less likely to freeze up. Also, if you use the shower and run out half way through you should be able to turn a tap or push a button for the alterative supply.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have had an onboard tank for about 15 years now and we find it very convenient

We fill the tank until the low level light goes out (2 gallons) and then when we arrive at the site water is on tap which we like especially if its raining.

The tank will just take an aquaroll(small size) when the warnig light comes on and I can switch the external pump to refill the tank either from inside or outside.

This means that you have more flexibility over filling up and can again wait for the rain to stop .When showering its easy to top up the tank from inside if the low level light comes on when we both shower etc.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We fill up our onboard tank when we arrive at the campsite before setting up on the pitch. If we are touring and only staying a couple of nights, the 10 gallon tank, when filled, is enough to see us through without the need for an Aquaroll.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its also good when you are leaving early the next morning as you can pack away the aquaroll etc the night before and use the water in the tank.If you leave a small amount in the tank its available for drinks/washing en route as well.

I used to have it inboard on one van but after a slight leak it went underneath which is OK for us as we don't tend to do a lot of very sub zero caravaning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian, I would like to say I've only had an onboard tank since 1963 when we got our Ensor caravan. We've found it useful on each 'van for a cuppa on arrival, no need to queue at a busy tap to top it up, and staying unfrozen in the winter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts