Onboard Water Pump

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
I have just taken out the van for the first time and have a problem with the onboard water pump. Installed the pipe into Aquaroll, opened up the hot taps and turned the pump on and when we got a decent flow turned off the taps and let the pump "pressurise" the system. Problem is when we turn the taps on we get a lot of spluttering and no constant flow,more of a nuisance as you can fill the kettle or washing up bowl etc but sometimes getting soaked if you are standing in the wrong place when it "coughs". What am I doing wrong?

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
When you pressurise the system you should switch it to the cold water first, get a good flow in all taps them switch over to hot water get a good flow and turn off and get system to pressurise then you should not get any more problems that is the way I do mine and get no problems.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Derrick,

What van have you got?

What sort of pump have you got fitted ?

Have you checked the connection to the van, check the "O" rings & see if they have gone hard & perished over winter ?

If they have ...... ? replace them ....

Have you got a on board filter ?

Have you changed that ?

If its drawing air into the system it will be on the suction side, & it could be anywhere between the aquaroll & the pump.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Derrick i had the same problem this weekend .problem was when you put the pipe into the aquaroll make sure that it is straight and not curved back up and floating on he top of aquaroll drawing some water AND Air like mine was (worth a try )

cheers Duggie

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Hi Derrick

Had the same problem myself this weeekend I contacted the forum and a lots of replys.

I bought a new pump and that didnt work i removed the in line filter and that did it!

Have a read lots of ideas, its on the next page titled Water Surging 2008 Ace Morningstar.

Good Luck

Keith

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Derrick,

What van have you got?

What sort of pump have you got fitted ?

Have you checked the connection to the van, check the "O" rings & see if they have gone hard & perished over winter ?

If they have ...... ? replace them ....

Have you got a on board filter ?

Have you changed that ?

If its drawing air into the system it will be on the suction side, & it could be anywhere between the aquaroll & the pump.
Hi Sprocket

Van is 1996 Bessacarr Wentworth XL

Pump is Shurflo not sure about flow rate

Filter is Filtapac Econoflo in line, brand new

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Derrick i had the same problem this weekend .problem was when you put the pipe into the aquaroll make sure that it is straight and not curved back up and floating on he top of aquaroll drawing some water AND Air like mine was (worth a try )

cheers Duggie
Hi Duggie

I'm using the Aquaduct Water Connector from Towsure (page 95 in catalogue) which has a solid pipe fitted in the aquaroll and flexible outside so it can't float to the top, thanks for the idea though

Derrick

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
this sounds something like i experienced when took van out in march for first time this year,water was spurting and stopping then the actual pump in aquaroll started to make a noise and judder in time..replaced filter but still did it...gave up and turned pump off hoping to have a proper look next time...anyone any ideas? new to this touring stuff so not sure what people mean by pressurising sysytem before use..have a switch in cupboard for pump,up is ext pump and down is int pump...where does it have to be???

Apr 8, 2007
Visit site
I had a similar problem the 1st time out at Easter.

I have a Compass 634 with on board pump and tank.

The caravan had just been serviced so I assummed the water system had been checked and worked.

The pump struggled to prime the system with water splurting at all taps.

After about 1/2hr of head scratching and reading the manual I decided to remove the new pick up filter (fitted during service) which is on the end of the feed pick up pipe.

Switched the pump back on and immediatley it started to fill the system and gave a contstant flow out of the taps.

After filling the system I let the filter soak in water for about 1/2 hr and then refitted, all worked perfectly after that.

Can only assume that the pump could not prime itself through the dry filter.

Regards, John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts