Onboard water tank problem

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, away on hols & have problem with onboard tank not supplying taps. Tank has filled as normal from aquaroll but that's as far as it goes. Only got water at taps by turning off onboard tank and then drawing water direct from aquaroll. Thought it was pressure switch, no swift dealers in the area so couldn't replace the comet one so put a whale one on & still doesn't work. Flojet failure ?? Any ideas much appreciated. Regards Sir Roger

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sir Rog
Our Wyoming maybe different to yours.
Our last similar failure was due to one of the three way taps breaking. Turn the handle but the valve didn't move.New tapsolved it.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Mine has got a pump inside the onboard tank & a seperate one for the aqua roll rather than a valve to switch them over both are operated via microswitches simple older technology that still works :whistle:

How dose your change over from tank to aquaroll normally work ?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Does your system have 2 pumps, one for the aquaroll and one in the inboard tank as a previous van of our had? The inboard pump failed and gave those symptoms. We were near Glasgow at the time and went to the Caravan Shop but unfortunately could not get a replacement pump of the correct size (length). It was physically not long enough and therefore would run dry and burn out before the low-water detector requested more input from the aquaroll

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, yes we do have 2 pumps, one for the aquaroll & one flojet for internal tank. When the tank fill is switched on it automatically uses the internal flojet. We can only draw water at the moment with the tank fill off & draw water direct from the aquaroll.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input from you Forum members..We have now sorted the problem out. I will run through it quickly for the benefit of other members that may have the same problem. Our last outing was October last year and everything was fine .We arrived on site On Good Friday this year connected water up filled onboard tank3 Aqua rolls full. Now when you open the tap the Flojet pump should take over but it didnt. We tried the pressure switch to no avail.I did manged to find power at the flojet but didnt turn. must add the flojet is not in the onboard tank its situated in the bulkhead. Changed the pump at the week end for a Shurflo now perfect and very quiet . Once again thanks for your input
Sir Roger

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Thanks for the input from you Forum members..We have now sorted the problem out. I will run through it quickly for the benefit of other members that may have the same problem. Our last outing was October last year and everything was fine .We arrived on site On Good Friday connected water up filled onboard tank3 Aqua rolls full. Now when you open the tap the Flojet pump should take over but it didnt. We tried the pressure switch to no avail.I did manged to find power at the flojet but didnt turn. must add the flojet is not in the onboard tank its situated in the bulkhead. Changed the pump at the week end for a Shurflo now perfect and very quiet . Once again thanks for your input
Sir Roger

Since when has Good Friday been in October?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts