Once social distancing restrictions are lifted, do you have plans to hit the road again?

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It is interesting that yesterday scores of Spanish beaches had access restricted or were closed to prevent over crowding. Are Bournemouth, Brighton, Dorset etc missing trick somewhere. Declaring an emergency incident as did Bournemouth, and then taking no action seems a rather pointless exercise. I dont know whether things have changed but when I was working in the event of a nuclear incident the police had primacy for the safety of the population. Isn't this a public health emergency that's killed far more people than any nuclear incident.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Despite the historical perspective of a dysfunctional Spain there are quite a few things that the Spanish do considerably better than the UK. Their response to the coronavirus has been as abysmal as the UK's generally speaking, but they seem to have learned lessons whilst the UK has, apparently, still to do.
As to things they definitely do better- railways (including sensible fares), road systems (including highly efficient response to extreme weather such as snow) and keeping their large cities clean.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Set off yesterday and the wind was howling and knocking us about a bit. Stayed at about 58mph as we have a heavy twin axle and was amazed the number of lighter vehicles towing single axles caravans that overtook us and left us in the dust!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Set off yesterday and the wind was howling and knocking us about a bit. Stayed at about 58mph as we have a heavy twin axle and was amazed the number of lighter vehicles towing single axles caravans that overtook us and left us in the dust!
I always think it better to be careful I hope you have a great break

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts