One car per Pitch CC

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 23, 2008
Visit site
We all differ, if I'm woken at "silly o'clock" I'm like a bear with a sore head and a thorn in the paw as a swarm of bees attacks.

Also I may not be as rational as I should be!

Having paid hard earned, chances of a calming word from my wife calming me down on a scale of 1 - 10. Minus 493 would be about my score.

I'm beginning to think that block booked sites are heaven sent and being the only outfit on a CL is proof that there is a God.

If undue noise is accepeable behaviour for some, where does "friendly caravanners" fit in?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jasper, Three things for you.

1. I don't like being woken up with a diesel engine running for 20 minutes by my window at 6.45am.

2. I don't care if two cars are on a pitch , but I do care when the the 2nd car is part on the roadway making it hard for others to reverse.

3.I resent that last sarcastic uncalled for remark. As any fool knows sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. LOL

Cheers

Alan

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Alan , The post topic is anout 2 cars on a pitch, not being woken at silly oclock, complaints should be restricted to one topic at a time

ps, complaints about sarcasam would be a third !!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
OK gents, let's all calm down please

Surely we can have an online discussion without squabbling?

Thanks

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jasper

This is mainly a forum for some fun, chit chat , help etc with fellow caravanners.

Inevitably some of the topics become multi disciplined because one topic naturally flows into another. Who cares? It happens all the time but obviously seems to bug you.

Well unless Mr Mods turns into Herr Gruppenfuhrer I see no reason why any of us have to stick rigidly to the topic when other aspects are so closely interelated .

Cheers

Alan

Dec 23, 2008
Visit site
We had a break of a few years from Caravanning and started with a 1/2 share with family of a Spanish resort apartment. We sold up due to which nationality?

We have a small villa now with mainly Spanish, and then German, Swedish and Dutch neighbours.

It's lovely and peaceful, we put it down to?

There is another thread here about children and drink, on continenetal sites and when staying in Spain we've seen children brought up drinking wine watered down with mineral water. We did the same with our kids and they seem to have learnt to respect drink.

The problem really seems to be about what is acceptable behaviour. Go out on a Friday or Saturday in Britain or in popular holday resorts and you see the problem exagerated even more.

We've holidayed abroad a lot of years and I keep my hair on, it's just British behaviour and attitudes that brings out the worst in me.

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Alan

Does being woke up at 6.45am happen to you every time you go away, or (as I expect) it happened once to you.

You keep harping on as if it constantly happens to you, it happened once, do you not think in the great scheme of things you should let it go!!!

To get back on topic, I think visitors cars should be parked in the site carpark, but if you are taking two cars, then they should be responsibly parked... and try not to park next to Alan, if you need to leave early in the morning. LOL.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Deborah

It happened FIVE mornings in a row in the Peak district and quite frankly spoilt the break. Does that give you a better understanding?

Cheers

Alan

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
alan, Fun chit chat and help, not harping on about something that should have been dealt with at the time, thats what the wardens are there for, if you feel you cannot deal with the problem yourself.

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Hello,

I wondered how long before the mods would be onto this topic.

Jasper - you cannot upset certain members on this forum,great help & advice as they give on topics,but upset them on their pet

gripes & they become the forum mafia.As Mr Jimbob found out,even

PC Nigel Donnelly has been on the receiving end.

Alan/Clockwork -If i'm leaving the site early with the caravan or for work,it means starting the engine[ok 30 mins is to long].

I still work and THESE days not all that many work 9-5,so

Mr Clockwork i can start MY car outside MY house sometimes early in the mornings,because like some others I WORK.

MR Alan - some people are pensioned off early as their eyesight

[2jan09 pc report lunar quasor],as well as their mind deteriorates and you become an ANORAK.

PS As a comics know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.But wit is

the best form of humour!!

I must finish as i can hear the zip of an anorak.

Regards,

FrankE.

Dec 23, 2008
Visit site
Funny, but I only managed to get to retirement age by going to work!

I also started a car most of all my years of work days.

I also managed to make sure I didn't leave engines running for an extended period so my lovely neighbours were not inconvenienced.

Are caravan and camping sites not mainly full of people on holiday? If I stay on a site and my wife returns to work on a Monday she parks her car in parking areas or away from the caravan.

Many sites we've stayed at do not allow auto movement before 7.30 or some 7am. Caravanners who need to make earlier starts have to had to move to holding areas or leave the night before so as not to disturb fellow campers on their holidays.

Surely that is simple manners and consideration for others who are on site for precious down time.

Oh yes, and in all my working life I never had a 9-5 job, but I think I managed to respect other peoples sleep patterns at home and when camping and caravanning.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the words of sense , Frank & Clockwork.

Just to ensure Jasper doesn't think I've gone off the topic again may I remind everyone what this whole secton is about:-

"General

Express your views and let off steam about general caravanning issues".

Nil illegitimae terram carborundum.

Cheers

Alan

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Frank, I am not trying to upset anyone [although it does look like I have succeded],we go away to enjoy ourselves and manage to do it without disturbing anyone,even with 2 cars and the dog and the tv and satellite dish, however we may not have been pitched next to some of the Victor Meldrews around here.

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Frank, I am not trying to upset anyone [although it does look like I have succeded],we go away to enjoy ourselves and manage to do it without disturbing anyone,even with 2 cars and the dog and the tv and satellite dish, however we may not have been pitched next to some of the Victor Meldrews around here.
Hi Jasper,

I think you've pitched between a few now!!

Regards,

FrankE.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
We have been away only once with two cars but in our defence we couldn't get everyone in, in one car. Me, hubby, daughter,grandaughter, grandson, daughter.

With the law on seats and boosters one car was impossible.

But I have to say going with two cars so the 4x4 or whatever big car you have pulling the van and taking another because its cheaper to run around is stupid. Why not get a car that does both jobs or use your expensive gas guzzler that you have travelled in!!!! :)

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
"Gaz Guzzler"?

Oh dear, socially challenged greens in town?

Or just a little out of depth {;-)
Just bought my first caravan and have take it out a few times now (even at -6c which was an experience!!)

I'm reading these comments on the forum and can sympathise with Steven, Dusytydog and Clockwork - It's all about being considerate. I'm 38 years and my son has now gone to uni so my wife and I have started to travel around but when you get some pratt firing up his diesl at 6am and leaving it running it can get annoying (when you are trying to have a relaxing break)....... I have a suggestion, and it worked for me.... rather than confront the guy next dorr (being about 6 feet 5 and 16 stone) I thought of the old 'fight fire with fire' and simply set my alarm for 5am the next day and kept my own car running for nearly an hour..... locked while i was in my van secure in the knowledge it was 'my noise, not his' - It cam to a head when he knocked on the van and complained, at which point I informed he we all had a right to peace and quiet so if he wanted and didn't wasnt waking when he didnt have to be that it worked both ways...... It was blissfully quiet from then on. The guy started his engine next day and drove straight off..... By the way, it was a small site and only had the 2 of us on it so I didn't disturb anyone else before I get misguided complaints. I think sometimes people need reminding that they should treat other people how they expect to be treated themselves! Having said all this, Caravanning rocks and I'm wondering why I hadn't discovered it years ago when my son was young!! - Best regards!!

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Just bought my first caravan and have taken it out a few times now (even at -6c which was an experience!!)

I'm reading these comments on the forum and can sympathise with Steven, Dusytydog and Clockwork - It's all about being considerate. I'm 38 years and my son has now gone to uni so my wife and I have started to travel around but when you get some pratt firing up his diesel at 6am and leaving it running it can get annoying (when you are trying to have a relaxing break)....... I have a suggestion, and it worked for me.... rather than confront the guy next door (being about 6 feet 5 and 16 stone) I thought of the old 'fight fire with fire' and simply set my alarm for 5am the next day and kept my own car running for nearly an hour..... locked while i was in my van secure in the knowledge it was 'my noise, not his' - It came to a head when he knocked on the van and complained, at which point I informed him we all had a right to peace and quiet so if he wanted that and didn't want waking when he didnt have to be that it worked both ways...... It was blissfully quiet from then on. The guy started his engine next day and drove straight off..... By the way, it was a small site and only had the 2 of us on it so I didn't disturb anyone else before I get misguided complaints. I think sometimes people need reminding that they should treat other people how they expect to be treated themselves! Having said all this, Caravanning rocks and I'm wondering why I hadn't discovered it years ago when my son was young!! - Best regards!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts