One for the welsh

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
And no Im not racist Pete!

A couple were driving through wales. At llanhyddawellehynafygythiadtrienusyhafdnauo they stopped for some lunch. "before we order can you settle and argument for us" the chap said to the watress. "would you please pronounce where we are...very slowly"

The waitress leaned over to them and said burrrrgurrr-kinngg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi kevin - this is just the way we Welsh respond to silly questions from the less able minded super brain. All Burger King food outlets have their name prominently displayed on the fascia board and throughout the cafe inside on the walls, menus, etc. To ask such a silly question beggars belief in my opinion. It also proves the honesty of the Welsh. Therefore as a good omen for Saturday Wales 1 - Enland 0.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is something us Welsh would say I remember when I was in school and we were talking about who invented pasturisation and the teacher gave us a clue saying his name was on a milk bottle so I put my hand up and said unigate!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is something us Welsh would say I remember when I was in school and we were talking about who invented pasturisation and the teacher gave us a clue saying his name was on a milk bottle so I put my hand up and said unigate!!!!
Ah, thats cute!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi kevin - the Welsh have a fantastic sense of humour and can take a joke in the manner in which it was delivered and also make a joke under the same light. If this was not true Lord B would have had my guts for garters many weeks ago. My only hope now is that the Welsh will come home victors on Saturday. However England will not loose but will come second. This sounds better in defeat.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kevin I have shown a lot of sympathy to the derogative comments on this forum about the Welsh but I think you are now pushing your luck mate. You are not living, by any chance, in Hereford and being brainwashed by Lord B as he appears to be very anti Welsh, but I think deep down he is scared of us.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
No mate im in Devon. No offence ment by my comments, I used to work alot in wales and found that I was most welcome, execpt in the far flung cornes, as they herd an English voice they turned to speaking in Welsh.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lord B is only upset that he has no Rarebits on his estate to hunt.

He's keen as he understands that you do not need gun nor hound to catch Rarebit but despite laying bait he has yet to see any wild Rarebit. He is worried about the reception awaoiting him should he venture over the border to try the Welsh Delicacy!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We do that in Nottingham too; if we hear any Johnny foreigners we start speaking in colloquial gibberish. Or is that chucking out time at the pub?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lord B is probably deciding our futures or throwing the odd groat to his serfs.

CliveV is probably planning an alternative to a big lotto win for some Medico types future well being ;-)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
And Clive must be off roading in some poor farmers lane
Poor and farmer are not words I put together to often!

They all whinge and then turn up outside the pub on a huge set od wheels towing a horse box with a the kids show jumping horses, whilst their daughters "OK Yah" it round the bar;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts